🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork considers weekly limit as fixed salary...
Page options
shaw-wajahat
Community Member

Upwork considers weekly limit as fixed salary and bills me even if no hours logged

Being a client I created hourly contract with weekly limit of 15 hours per week on the request of freelancer instead of fixed price as she said i will charge only the payment agreed not a penny more. For the first week she did not log any hours but she was working and providing te update with source code as well. So upwork considered it as fixed salary for those 15 hours and billed me even though she logged no hours (zero). 
But seeing her progress at work i decided to release her payment for the week and asked her to log hours next week as i only want to pay for the hours logged. 
She managed to log only 2 hours next week and now i receievd a message from upwork that i need to give (Fixed salary of those 15 hours) + 2 hours logged more
That exceeds my budget for the contract. For now i've paused the contract 
But how i am supposed to bill her only for the hours she logged not the fixed salary that upwork is considering. Is there a way out? 
I was reading somewhere to change the weekly limit of hours to "No Limit" that way upwork doesn't consider it a fixed salary. Is it true?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wajahat,

The reason why you see charge is because you have added a Recurring Weekly Payment on the contract when you have sent the offer to the freelancer. Salary means that the freelancer will get paid weekly even if they don't track any time. 

At this moment the freelancer can issue a refund for the salary amount they have received. 

Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Now if the contract is paused, Still will i be billed for the recuuring weekly payment (fixed salart) ? Or i do need to end the contract for that.

Hi Wajahat,

If the contract is paused your freelancer will not receive any payments and they won't be able to track their time.
However, if you would like to remove this you will need to rehire your freelancer on a new contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths