🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Upwork did not support us
Page options
362af44d
Community Member

Upwork did not support us

Hey just to let you all know   Upwork did not support us  when we had a problem with a freelance coder.  **Edited for Community Guidelines** promised several times to refund our payment. He stalled out by saying he will refund.   Now it has been too long and Upwork will not do anything about to.    **Edited for Community Guidelines** seems to be an ok  coder but has no moral ethics or will not stay true to his word.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**   -5 Star Rating.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

I don't work for Upwork. I'm just an Upwork user like yourself. But I am very sorry that you had a disappointing experience, and that you now feel that Upwork did not support you.

From what you wrote in your post, it looks like all of the Upwork Support employees that you interacted with followed correct procedure and provided you with accurate information.

There are very specific rules governing refunds, including the timing of when disputes that can be filed, mediation triggered, etc. It appears that you were not aware of all of the rules, and this freelancer probably understood these things more than you did.

I believe that refund thinking hurts clients.

I believe you would have been better off if you had proactively reviewed the work that this freelancer was submitting to you. If you didn't find great value in it, you should have stopped paying money to him. Paused or closed the contract. That would have been a safer route than continuing to pay him money and later hope that you could get that money back.

At this point, I don't believe there is any way for you to get money from the freelancer. I know you feel that this freelancer's failure to send you money demonstrates that he has no moral ethics. His behavior IS disappointing. But you should put yourself and your project first. You aren't this freelancer's mentor or teacher or pastor. You do not have an obligation to make sure he does the right thing in order to preserve his moral state. In fact, you don't owe this freelancer anything at all.

AndreaG

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this freelancer. We've escalated your concern to the team and someone will be reaching out to you via support ticket in order to assist you. You can access your ticket from the notification sent to your email address and also here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths