cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork double charging

4b94a85c
Active

I am so annoyed with Upwork as In all my Online Shopping never have I been 'DOUBLE CHARGED' by a website.

I  just set a job hired a freelancer and processed funds... nothing happened on the screen.... so i clicked it again as my screen WAS NOT frozen and i could still edit... still nothing happened.

My screen still sits there same as it was.

Except I recieved two emails stating that Upwork had charged me twice - on 100% identicle contracts.

What sort of dodgy back end system do they have - seriously. The screen obviously wasnt frozen as I clicked it a second time.

Now how long am I supposed to wait for a refund due to a dodgy website. Has this happened to anyone else? Its a clear bug that UPWORK are not fixing because lets face it - its a PROFITABLE bug for them and feels like a total scam to me.

3 REPLIES 3
stencil_media
Community Guru

Calm down, it's not the end of the world! Just get in touch with support and they'll issue a refund. As I've never heard of this happening before, I'm pretty sure it's not affecting that many people, so I'm assuming it's not some cunning plan to make a bunch of money. Especially seeing as they'd have to refund all of these payment... not really worth the bother is it?

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alyce,

I'm sorry about the confusion. I see that you made two offers for a job and later cancelled one of them. The funding for the cancelled offer has already been refunded to you. The second offer is currently pending. Once the freelancer accepts it, you'll have an active contract with the freelancer.

You can go to Reports> Transactions to see more details about these payments and refunds.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Classic case of user error then. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS