cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork for Payouts

Alexander G Member Since: Apr 9, 2016
1 of 10

Dear community members,

hope you guys can help me out here sorting out some questions. :-)

Who am I?

I work for a Swedish company that perform 5-20 payouts a month to freelancers that work for us. To make an example, lets say they write articles for us. Our payout method today is invoicing (they send us invoices and we pay them manually). Total value of payouts is ranging from $10K to $30K monthly (fact).

What solution are we looking for?

We want to be able to do payouts to our writers without them needing to send us invoices.

How do I think this will work?

1. We get all our writers onto Upwork. We will probably make a selfmade PDF that explains how they register themselves.

2. We post a job here for 1-99 (which is maximum) freelancers.

3. We invite our writers directly onto our job (can I do this by email? That would combine Upwork registration + hopping onto our job. That'd be SO cool!). I haven't found that I can invite freelancers to a job that isn't already on Upwork.

4.  Whenever the writer has performed work for us, I log onto Upwork, choose the writer that has done work, enter a fixed price and send him the money.

5. The writer gets an e-mail from Upwork saying he/she has gotten paid and can now cashout.

Dream solution

Our dream solution is a solution where we can manually do payouts to writers bank accounts without them needing to log onto Upwork more than once (when they registered and signed up to get onto our job).

Also, to be able to do payouts through the API to writers.

Obstacles/questions

- Can I do multiple payouts to the same writer whenever he/she is onboard to one of our Jobs?

- Once writers are onboarded as freelancers here, in the future - will I be able, through your API, to do payouts to freelancers directly to our writers upwork accounts?

- Do any of you think Upwork can help me find the best solution for us, or even customize it accordingly to our specific needs?

We are a startup, but payouts is a very big part of our job. We do payouts worldwide which means invoicing isn't the best solution for us. I believe that we will be doing monthly payouts of sums up to $50K within a time period of 12 months.

If a relevant employee from Upwork would like to continue our discussion over Skype, that'd be appreciated.

Thanks!

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 10

A "relevant Upwork employee"? 

I imagine allUpwork employees are "relevant" otherwise they wouldn't still be with Upwork.

3 of 10

Hm. I don't see what made you write this answer, or what'd you even earn on writing it.

FYI; when you go to a grocery store and needs to find the shelter for milk, then calling their headquarters and asking their IT department where the milk is, probably isn't the relevant employee to talk to. I assume you get my point. Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
4 of 10

Alexander G wrote:

Our dream solution is ...

... even customize it accordingly to our specific needs?

Thanks!

A dream (solution), indeed. 

Anyways, good luck with getting Upwork to comply with your needs.

5 of 10

This answer doesn't help me either. 

What's up with the attitude of you people here responding?

"Community Guru", that'd probably say "Community Destroyer".

Thank you anyway.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 10

Look into their Private Talent Cloud. You can upload a spreadsheet and payments are sent to providers. I don't know how much it costs each month. It probably varies.

7 of 10

Thanks alot, will take a deep dive into it!

If anyone else have answers to the questions stated in the original post, let me know. 

I am still interested in learning how I can on-board my existing freelancers onto Upwork the easiest way.

Best,

Alexander

Ace Contributor
Katherine V Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
8 of 10

@Alexander G wrote:

Thanks alot, will take a deep dive into it!

If anyone else have answers to the questions stated in the original post, let me know. 

I am still interested in learning how I can on-board my existing freelancers onto Upwork the easiest way.

Best,

Alexander

As Jennifer said, look into Private Talent Clouds as part of their services is a BYOB (Bring Your Own Freelancer) feature that allows you to get your own freelancers on the platform more efficiently.

You can get more information about PTC's here: https://www.upwork.com/enterprise/

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
9 of 10

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for checking in with us. I'll follow up with the team and a team manager will reach out to you directly, to help address your questions and explain Upwork's processes.

10 of 10

Sounds amazing!

Thank you for your help.

Alexander

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS