🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork has blocked my partner
Page options
0b391903
Community Member

Upwork has blocked my partner

First of all they have blocked my own account because I have posted a job where we needed to find someone in Mauritius who could negotiate with banks on opening a merchant bank account for our betting company.
Upwork has deemed it as unethical, which is nonsense, because we did not involve anyone into betting by this job.

We are a licensed operator not violating any law and this is natural that we need a merchant account. Anyway

I asked my partner to create her own account where he posted a job "Find a local office in Madagascar" - NOT RELATED TO BETTING AT ALL.
And they blocked her! She used her own laptop, own debit card, own ip and somehow still got blocked.

Why did you block her?! She is a completely different person that created a job not affiliated with betting whatsoever.
Moreover, the money has been taken from her card a few seconds before suspension
3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marcelo,

I'm sorry to hear about your account status. It looks like you're communicating with our team already regarding this concern. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
0b391903
Community Member

Thanks Bojan, the thing is, their team (that can suspend accounts for no reason within seconds) are procrastinating with replies completely long.

Ok, I can get over with my suspension because I mentioned betting in my job post, but why banning a completely different person?!
(Again - it was a different devise, different ip, different debit card, the user's name coincided with the debit card's holder - all indicate that it was a completely different and real person)
tta192
Community Member

What makes you think the two suspensions are related? was that mentioned by the team?

Secondly, if you were suspended without hiring anyone, why would any money be drawn from your account?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths