🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork has charged me 4 times the processing ...
Page options
sassy_programmer
Community Member

Upwork has charged me 4 times the processing fee where as no transaction has been made.

I am trying to hire a freelancer but upwork returns

`You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.`

however upwork has charged me 4 times the processing fee.
8 REPLIES 8
sassy_programmer
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines** I have again been charged 3 time more. This is ridiculous Upwork? I will reach out in the community and raise this matter. I am really dissapointed.

If your **Edited for Community Guidelines** service can't accept my card then whats the point of deducting money? This is the **Edited for Community Guidelines** service I have come accross. RIP

Hi Humza,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so frustrated, let me try and help. Could you please confirm where you're seeing these multiple charges? I am checking your Transactions History and I see there was one processing fee charged, then a processing fee refund, then another charge. With this last charge, it looks like you were able to activate the milestone with your freelancer, they've accepted and should be all set to start working. 

Regarding that refund, it was sent directly back to your payment method and you should see it on your statement within 5 days. I hope this information is helpful and please let me know if you have any further questions.

~Andrea
Upwork
sassy_programmer
Community Member

I withdrew a contract before the freelancer accepted it because the freelancers billing method was not working and I have got a transaction log that the amount is refunded but I havent got it in my account yet.

I ended a contract with a freelancer and on 13th August 2022 I got a transaction report that the amount has been credited to my account and it's 19th August almost 20th now and I still haven't received my money. Please I need help I am really dissappointed.

Hi Humza,

The refund has been successfully processed on your account. Please let us know by Monday if you still can't see the amount reflected on your statement and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
sassy_programmer
Community Member

Hi Arjay I haven't received my money still. I went to the bank and they showed me all the transactions. They told me that the payment has not been initiated from Upwork.

Hi Humza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths