🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork has detected a potential risk with the...
Page options
ca62cf65
Community Member

Upwork has detected a potential risk with the content of this message - really?

Is UpWork monitoring our conversations or did the other person report a conversation? I can't figure out why our conversation or files (screenshots of a WordPress site) would be violating rules. The website I was working on does have to do with political analysis on the Middle East but pretty benign stuff. I completed the contract and paid the freelancer including a tip. What's going on?  

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Mary,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked, and it looks like the freelancer's account is limited at the moment, and that may have affected their messages with you. There are many possible reasons this could occur, though we cannot share the specifics regarding another user's account due to privacy concerns.

Edited to update information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
amandajpainter
Community Member

I've received this alert twice this week when messaging with 2 different clients. Both times the message included my email address. Why is this being flagged if they are already a client and the contract has started? 

Hi Amanda,

I see that the team has emailed you with more information about the job you're referring to. Also, I can confirm that the contract has been paused.  There are many possible reasons this could occur, though we cannot share the specifics regarding another user's account due to privacy concerns.

In general, you will see the message "Upwork has detected a potential risk with the content of this message" if there are any violations of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team by responding to their email if you have questions or need further assistance; they'll gladly look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths