🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Upwork is double charging
Page options
dd11d35a
Community Member

Upwork is double charging

It looks like I'm being double charged by Upwork.  I'll set a milestone and add funds to escrow, my cc is charged.  Then when I go to pay that milestone, my cc is charged again.  So far, I've paid $400 plus more than my freelancer has recieved.  Am I missing something?

I've submitted tickets and I just get an email back that the charges are valid and the ticket is closed.  I need to speak with someone but no phone numbers are listed anywhere on the site.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Trying to figure out what is going on.

I apologize if this is a double post, tried to post earlier and it didn't seem to post.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Kelsey,

I believe I found the contract you are referring to. There were 6 milestones and all of them have already been funded and released to the freelancer. Essentially, you've paid as much as your initially outlined budget was. Is that what you meant to do?

You can double check this information by going to My Jobs and clicking on the name of the freelancer or in Reports> Transactions.

~ Valeria
Upwork

That is what doesn't make sense.  He has been paid 875.00 to date and I've paid almost $1412.84.  The billing is extremely confusing and I feel as thought I'm double paying- once for escrow and then once when the milestone is completed.  That escrow should be the payment for them milestone? 

Why can't I speak to someone on the phone about this?  Why does this all have to be done via email? 

Hi Kelsey,

We'll have an agent reach out to you via phone to clarify.

~ Valeria
Upwork

This has been taken care of.  We spoke and figured out what was going on.

Thank you for your help, I was not being double charged! 

Best, 

Kelsey 

7dd0fec9
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm getting double charged every week. Can you please explain why?

My employee's salery was $36.00 and I got charged $72.00

Hi Veronica,

I checked your contract with the freelancer, and it looks like you have set up a weekly payment which is charged to you on top of the hours the freelancer logs. Weekly payment is an automatic, recurring payment for a specific amount. You are invoiced this amount each week in addition to the billable hours. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths