🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork is killing my PC
Page options
creativedigit
Community Member

Upwork is killing my PC

Every time I use Upwork to hire someone, my computer starts to freeze and I end up restarting it. Up until today, I always thought that was a coincidence, but then as I was hiring today my computer slowed down a lot and I suspected something is just wrong, and when I tried to analyze it I figured out that Upwork is sucking a lot of memory, CPU and even GPU resources. 

upwork-issue-1.png

Please do not ask me to try with a different browser. Chrome is my browser of choice and I never had any problem with it in the past 5 years, except with Upwork. 

I checked the inspector and figured out that just one page on Upwork had 375 requests to scripts and resources, each accompanied with their own latency and processing time. This is a LOT of resources considering I previewed just 4 profiles on that page through my job post. Here's a sample screenshot for your reference:

upwork-issue-2.png

It seems to me that the problem is occurring because of the recent functionalities that Upwork introduced in past months about previewing someone's profile inside of the job post itself and hiring from there, instead of launching a separate tab with the profile's details. This move is affecting the user experience a lot. Well, I do like the added features, but what use is it when it's sucking up my computer resources?

Can you please do something? I'm afraid this is going to be a LONG time to fix, but I hope Upwork is aware of the terrible situation, and you guys are probably losing a lot of sales, only because not so many clients are patient enough to wait, understand what's going on, have the knowledge to analyze or even come here to post about their problem.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Wassim

40 REPLIES 40
avassallo
Community Member

Here it's basically saying updates are impossible because my version is obsolete: "Per ricevere gli aggiornamenti futuri di Google Chrome, devi avere macOS 10.13 o versioni successive. Su questo computer è installato il sistema operativo X 10.11.

Versione 103.0.5060.134 (Build ufficiale) (x86_64)"
Latest Articles
Learning Paths