cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork is killing my PC

Abul H Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
21 of 27

I could not able to work starting time tracker in hourly projects. Time tracker consiumed most of my laptop memory and hangiing the laptop from last 3~4 months when Desktop App upgraded to latest version. I faced it in all browser like crome, mozilla etc where it was no problem in previous version of Desktop App. I requested support request and followed their indications but no results and It was not rectified yet by upwork. 

Margaret W Member Since: Dec 30, 2018
22 of 27

I am having the same problem as Abul.  My PC worked fine until the last App update, now the time tracker takes so much memory (and slows down my computer) that I am spending twice as much time doing my work as before.  I feel guilty tracking so much time for projects that were going much quicker last summer.  Has no one figured out what is really going on?  And please don't tell me I need more memory or a bigger computer.  This was not a problem until the latest update.

Margaret

Genevieve S Member Since: Apr 5, 2019
23 of 27

You flagged this problem more than a year ago and it's still happening. Sad.

It's so frustrating. I feel like I have to plan this disruption into my work day. If I want to send a message to my freelancer I have to start opening the page early and do other work while it loads. I also have to keep an eye on it so I can refresh it if it stalls completely. On top of it all, it makes my other tabs not load properly and I'm constantly having to refresh them.

It's so time consuming and distracting. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
24 of 27

Hi Genevieve,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or using another browser. If you`re still experiencing the same problems after this let me know what type of browsers have you used.

I will escalate it to our team and one of our team members will assist you directly via ticket. Thank you.

Untitled
25 of 27

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have tried on FireFox and it doesn't seem to be a problem on there, it will resolve the problem for now. BUT I use Chrome for work and it seem I am not the only person with this issue. It would be nice to be able to use the browser of my choice not one dictated by the website I want to use.

I was thinking about posting my services on upwork as a freelancer. I will have to rethink that if this issue persists.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
26 of 27

Hi Genevieve,

Could you confirm if you have cleared your cache and cookies on Chrome? If not, please do so and let me know if you`re experiencing the same problem. Thank you.

Untitled
27 of 27
I have cleared my cache/cookies and it is still working sporadically.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS