🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork is not responding to arbitration reque...
Page options
bd1b1ab1
Community Member

Upwork is not responding to arbitration request

Hi everyone, 

How long does Upwork take to respond to arbitration requests? Freelancer and I have both agreed that we are ready to pay the required $291 to take our case to third-party arbitration but Upwork has refrained from commenting or initiating the arbitration process despite our repeated requests to facilitate payment of the said arbitration fee.

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joe,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had and the incovience this had caused you. I`ve just escalated your concern to our dispute team and your dispute agent will update your ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, noted with much appreciation

lysis10
Community Member

How do you know the freelancer requested arbitration? Those emails are sent privately. If the freelancer agreed to arbitration, they have 3 days to send the money. Then it's your turn.

bd1b1ab1
Community Member

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your response. The email was not sent privately, it was sent to both of us. Their reason was “…In an effort to provide transparency and a speedy resolution any information provided in this discussion window will be seen by ALL parties…” so both myself and the Freelancer we agreed in the same discussion window that we need third party arbitration.  

lysis10
Community Member

Joe N wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your response. The email was not sent privately, it was sent to both of us. Their reason was “…In an effort to provide transparency and a speedy resolution any information provided in this discussion window will be seen by ALL parties…” so both myself and the Freelancer we agreed in the same discussion window that we need third party arbitration.  

Oh interesting. They pulled a curve ball on me and got us on the phone for my last dispute. Maybe they are testing different ways to do this. Well, the freelancer has 3 days to pay and then it's your turn.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths