🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Upwork is protecting fraudsters
Page options
72f5fe6f
Community Member

Upwork is protecting fraudsters

I have been scammed by a supposedly 'top-rated' freelancer who stole $1100 of my money and didn't do ANY of the work. I have proof that **Edited for Community Guidelines** didn't do any of the work and despite offering this proof many, many times it was completely ignored and I was offered just $3.10 as a refund for low activity in hours logged! I also have testimony from another freelancer who previously worked on my site that he didn't carry ANY of the work but this has also been ignored. Why are Upwork allowing fraudsters to carry out serious crimes at the expense of their clients? 

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Becky,

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I will be very interested to see what happens next, if it's not investigated properly I will be taking this matter a lot further. I'm quite frankly appalled at the way this has been handled and I've seen many, many similar stories on Trustpilot so this definitely isn't an isolated incident. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths