🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork let freelancer scam client
Page options
944f85e1
Community Member

Upwork let freelancer scam client

I started a fixed price contract by upwork. The first copy of the freelancer did not match. I paid him the first millestone and quit the job since he hadn't started the rest. Then this freelancer opened a dispute. I received an email indicating I was going to be contacting me and the client. The excat terms: "The Dispute team will contact both parties via email within 5 business days to assist in reaching a mutual agreement. Most disputes can be resolved within 30 days.". In the end, I did not receive this information because I was waiting stupidly and the day before I learned that it was the customer who had to answer. Why give false information. Why email me with the dispute if I can't handle it. Conclusion. i lost half of my budget for frelancer who did not work. Becareful, you can be scammed by the way.

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jean-Michel,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had and the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your account and I can see that you're already communicating with our team directly on your ticket. Rest assured, our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, your team told response that to me : "I also see that you have completed the mediation process and it has been closed. Unfortunately, once mediation is closed it can not be reopened. We do apologize for any frustration this may cause you."

944f85e1
Community Member

Hello, your team told response that to me : I also see that you have completed the mediation process and it has been closed.  Unfortunately, once mediation is closed it can not be reopened.  We do apologize for any frustration this may cause you.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths