🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork payment protection
Page options
dc119d07
Community Member

Upwork payment protection

Hi, I want to purchase on upwork but some people who I am talking with have 0 reviews. Does Upwork provide protection if the work that is done is not satisfactory and can we get a refund if the work done is not done properly?

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Fred,

When you're hiring freelancers on a fixed price contracts, you will deposit your funds in Escrow.

Escrow is a neutral holding place where we put money aside until the project, or piece of the project, is done. The funds stay there until your freelancer or agency fulfills their obligations and you say you are satisfied those obligations are met and release them. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article

When you set up an hourly contract, your freelancer will need to track their time with our Desktop app so that you're billed for the hours worked:

• You can monitor your freelancer's Work Diary to see work-in-progress snapshots and confirm what work is being invoiced to you
  • If your freelancer logs hours not related to your project you can file a dispute for the previous week's hours. You will be refunded for any hours that do not qualify for Hourly Protection
~ Goran
Upwork
dc119d07
Community Member

Thank you. But what I do not understand after reading help Article as well, is what if the freelancer syas he did the job and I am not satisfied with the quality or if the code is not working correctly. Will there be an Upwork employee to check it, if it has been done correctly or how do you handle the disputes.

Who is it that is gonna say if the work is done correctoly or not? Because the customer can be incorrectly trying to get the money as well by saying that freelancer didn't do the work correctly and try go get the work for free. Who is it that says that the work is satisfactory or not?

Hi Fred,

I understand your concern with this and I would recommend defining all the details and tasks that your freelancer will need to complete. 

To learn more about disputes on hourly and fixed price contracts, check out this thread. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths