🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Upwork, please fix your user interface
Page options
0f46246e
Community Member

Upwork, please fix your user interface

Upwork, please hire a UX-designer and fix your user interface – make it user friendly and intuitive. Even basic things are flawed:

• For example, clicking my user name in the header (after clicking the round user icon) closes the pop-up window. Why would it not take me to my user profile?
  • Clicking the notification icon in the pop-up window (see attachment), which tells me that I have 1 unread message, closes the pop-up window. Why would it not take me to my messages?
  • Clicking the "Upwork Community" logo in the community-header does not take me to the home page of Upwork community. Why not?
  • Not all links have a pointer-cursor, indicating a clickable link. The "attachment" link below the text box when writing a new topic is just one example.

This is really just basic principles of interface design. And we haven't even talked about the heart of Upwork – Jobs, Freelancers and Reports.

After spending one hour to find out where I can find my freelancer feedback, I realised just how bad your interface design is. Sorry to say it. But I'll have to. Because the concept and overall principles of Upwork is really great, and I'll continue to use your site and hire more freelancers.

5 REPLIES 5
michael_skaggs
Community Member

It gets even better. On the rare occasion a client actually declines a proposal (vs. simply not replying at all), you get a notification, which takes you to the job post. But nowhere does it tell you why the proposal was declined. For that, you have to go to the email you were sent about it, which seems to be the only place the reason is listed.

claytoncdavis
Community Member

It's god-awful. Try updating your portfolio. You have to go through a maze of useless clicks to get nowhere. Portfolios are organized in a nonsensical way. I just want to add a project—a description and an image or a link. I gave up. Thankfully I can send potential clients samples instead of them having to rely on my upwork portfolio.

Clay D wrote:

It's god-awful. Try updating your portfolio. You have to go through a maze of useless clicks to get nowhere. Portfolios are organized in a nonsensical way. I just want to add a project—a description and an image or a link. I gave up. Thankfully I can send potential clients samples instead of them having to rely on my upwork portfolio.

I'm generally a fan of Upwork's UI, but **bleep**, the portfolio looks so **bleep**ty. I can't even bring myself to add portfolio items because they end up looking so ugly on my profile. Probably does more harm than good.

2838a4ea
Community Member

Could not agree more. UpWork's interface is one of the worst I have ever use.  Their concept and business model are solid, but their execution when it comes to their interface is terrible.  I would not mind for if it were a free version, but when I pay $50 month, it is one of most dreaded activities in the morning when I sit at my desk. I always run into interface issues and behavior that makes no sense and wastes my time.  

de069bd6
Community Member

One of the worst websites ive been on. So hard and frustrating to find the most basics. of things like feedback and how to edit them and remove, or request changes are a complete blur. I cannot even see the feedback that was given to me! Could not find contract id and what a whirlwind that was.  Disputes are a complete headache!  I have to Google everything in order to do something. I had so many bad experiences on this site. I am ready to close down my account way better websites out there.  So many freelancers are horrible and backstab you when it comes time to evaulaute them. wasted money and time. They favor freelancers/agencies rather than the client. They had my legit feedback removed when they claim they're fair to both sides lol, but the illetimate freelancer feedback on me stands! how fair

Latest Articles
Learning Paths