🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork's effectiveness
Page options
johntoomey
Community Member

Upwork's effectiveness

I am a long term Upwork business but since the recent change, where they are charging for a service that in my opinion is not fantastic, I am not finding Upwork as effective as it used to be. For instance, me and my colleague have recently posted jobs and the number of people who replied was very low. This never used to be the case. 
I raised this by chat but was just told to book an appointment with someone, picking a slot from a calender. Not, I will get my colleague to call you because we really want you to keep giving us money for freelancers that you have been using for 4+ years in some cases. Now I understand that it's difficult for platform to give good customer service, I am a minnow after all, but that's not what I expect. 
Is anyone else having the same problem?

3 REPLIES 3
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi John,

Sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with the support you received. I'll definitely share your feedback with the team. I was also checking the ticket and I saw that the agent suggested that the job may have not received many proposals since it was posted as invite-only for a while. Did you have more responses after switching it to public? Also, you can re-post a job as some freelancers may not send proposals to older jobs. 

I'd also like to add that we provide clients with an option to book an appointment with phone support to make sure that we call them back during the time slot that's most convenient for the client.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks for the reply.

This hasn't just been on this post. We had the same problem previously. This may be OK at the moment because we have a batch of freelancers that we are using regularly but it will certainly prevent us continuing to use the platform into the future. Unfortunately, I am starting to have to look at the other platforms, which is just hassle because I am a long term using of Upwork. 

I haven't had any responses.

John T wrote:

For instance, me and my colleague have recently posted jobs and the number of people who replied was very low. This never used to be the case.

In my experience it seems that well written, descriptive job posts from clients with a good history and an appropriate budget still get healthy numbers of applications.

Poorly written, not very descriptive job posts from clients with a not so stellar history or low budgets, however, don't.

Now that freelancers have to pay to apply, they have become more selective.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths