🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork suspends my own freelancers
Page options
e6afb2fb
Community Member

Upwork suspends my own freelancers

Hello all,

I am a new client here. I tried hiring via Upwork however I wasn't able to decide who to hire. Interviewed many however many days later, I didn't find someone who could work. When I found someone and hired him, he didn't start the work for 2 days after I hired him, neither did he respond to my messages.

After all this hassle, when I brought to Upwork my own freelancers that can do the job for me as per my expectations (met them via my professional network), Upwork suspended all 3 of them. When I hired the 4th resource (costlier but was able to do the job of 3), Upwork suspended him as well.

I am curious to understand whether Upwork is a roadside evening restaurant which is about to close and no longer accepting a new order, therefore not allowing me to get my work done. I need to understand if Upwork doesn't want me to hire anyone here, so that I stop attempting and go elsewhere.

Thanks for your advices!

Charles E.B.

Very Frustated Client!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to learn about your experience, Charles. I can see you already have an open ticket regarding this, and the team is looking into it further. I'll follow this up with them so that they can get back to you with more information, and assist you further in hiring the right freelancer for your project. 

UPDATE: Hi Charles! When is the most convenient time for the team to call you? We'll go ahead and schedule a call with a member of our team to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

@Charles E wrote:

I brought to Upwork my own freelancers that can do the job for me as per my expectations (met them via my professional network)

Why would you do that?

@Petra R wrote:

@Charles E wrote:

I brought to Upwork my own freelancers that can do the job for me as per my expectations (met them via my professional network)

Why would you do that?

Billing services and protections offered by Upwork? Not necessarily that silly when you think about it.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

@Rene K wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

@Charles E wrote:

Why would you do that?

Billing services and protections offered by Upwork? Not necessarily that silly when you think about it.

No, usually not, but if all 4 (!!!!) freelancers invited by the same client, who "knows them" (!!!!)  get suspended it becomes not "silly" as such, but open to "interpretation" as to what was really going on there.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to learn about your experience, Charles. I can see you already have an open ticket regarding this, and the team is looking into it further. I'll follow this up with them so that they can get back to you with more information, and assist you further in hiring the right freelancer for your project. 

UPDATE: Hi Charles! When is the most convenient time for the team to call you? We'll go ahead and schedule a call with a member of our team to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths