🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upworker approved my request for refund but t...
Page options
abhi_0305
Community Member

Upworker approved my request for refund but the amount hasn't been credited to me.

I hired an upworker for an ML job by the hour. After some time, he said he can't do it. I asked for a refund and he approved it. I still haven't received the funds in my account even though my transaction history on upwork shows that it was processed 4 days after I paid. My bank statement doesn't reflect any amount credited on that day(the date mentioned in the transaction history).

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

I think you need to look in your account details, where you will find the transactions as well as a balance containing the refunded money.

Money refunded for fixed-price milestones automatically returns to the funding source (you credit card). But money refunded from an hourly contract will remain in your Upwork balance. So you are looking for it in the wrong place. If the money is in your Upwork account, then you can use that to pay for other freelancers to work, or you can as Upwork Customer Support to return the money to your bank account/credit card.

Hey preston! My upwork balance is zero! The transaction details show that the money was refunded on 21st may to my visa card. When I checked my bank statement, I found no transaction log at all! The money wasn't credited at all. I am attaching some screenshots. Kindly check.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abhishek,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths