🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Urgent, how to delay milestone payment as...
Page options
816896f1
Community Member

Urgent, how to delay milestone payment as agency failed to complete

Agency fail to met timeline, how to delay milestone payment?!
10 REPLIES 10
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Thank you for this question. It looks like the agency you're referring to has not submitted the work for the milestone that has been funded currently. The first milestone has already been paid. 

Over the course of the contract, your agency will submit milestones for review and the funds in escrow will be released upon your approval. If you would like your freelancer or agency to edit their submitted work, it is important to mark Request Changes on the contract in Upwork. You will also have the option to release a different amount of money (less or more) for a given milestone.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork
816896f1
Community Member

Now agency said will cancel the project and refund, while I already made
deposit for 2nd milestone, how can I get full refund of 1st and 2nd
milestone please? I am very upset of this.

Hi A L,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had. To learn more about how to request your funds from Escrow to be refunded back to your account, follow our steps Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Agency approved my request to cancel 2nd milestone. How can I check my money for both refunded 1st and 2nd milestone at Escrow and send them all back to my credit card account?

Hi A L,

The funds from Escrow were already refunded back to your bank account. Please keep in mind that it can take up to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your account.

Regarding the funds that the agency issued a refund for, one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further on how to withdraw them back to your card. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

A L wrote:

Agency approved my request to cancel 2nd milestone. How can I check my money for both refunded 1st and 2nd milestone at Escrow and send them all back to my credit card account?

It sounds like you have already released milestone 1 to the agency. If that is the case, the agency will have to refund it proactively and it does not happen automatically. If the agency do not refund, you may have to dispute (if it is less than 30 days since you released milestone 1).

816896f1
Community Member

What if they don't settle it and pay back within days? What can I do? What kind of protection do you provide the client side with?

He said he has paid today while I cannot see any money in Escrow, has it been sent back to my credit card? Can Upwork staff help and advise please?

Hi A L,

Our team has reached out to you with additional information regarding your refunds via ticket. You can access your tickets on this Link. Feel free to follow up directly there if you have any additional questions and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
816896f1
Community Member

How to dispute if this Agency Esketcher in Pakistan does not refund to me today as they promised?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths