🐈
» Forums » Clients » Urgent problem created to me as customer from...
Page options
dc417f23
Community Member

Urgent problem created to me as customer from Upwork

Unfortunately, no response to tiket. I am therefore forced today to evaluate with my lawyers the possibility of bringing a legal action against Upwork in the shortest possible time but it is not easy to find the real company name and associated companies. Can anyone give me an address of the Legal department and the real company name of the company that manages upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gigi,

I'm sorry about the bad experience you had on our platform. I see our team is communicating with you on your support ticket and provided the information you requested. Please note that we can't discuss account and contract-specifics in the Community and kindly refer to the information our team provided directly on your open ticket. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
dc417f23
Community Member

Update. Upwork responded to the tiket with an unsatisfactory answer.

Gigi B wrote:

Update. Upwork responded to the tiket with an unsatisfactory answer.

I really would like but I canàt as you can see. It is not allowed. Upwork moderators do not want

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand how this experience can be frustrating for you, Gigi.

I would recommend that you refrain from sharing information about your issue as this may misrepresent the situation. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to update your open ticket so that the team handling your case can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
dc417f23
Community Member

)))) "I would recommend that you refrain from sharing information about your issue."

lysis10
Community Member

Gigi B wrote:

Unfortunately, no response to tiket. I am therefore forced today to evaluate with my lawyers the possibility of bringing a legal action against Upwork in the shortest possible time but it is not easy to find the real company name and associated companies. Can anyone give me an address of the Legal department and the real company name of the company that manages upwork?

Don't worry. Your lawyer will be able to get that for you. Let them handle it.

dc417f23
Community Member

Thank you yes. the law firm is working on it to give me a valid answer by Monday. Unfortunately I have to hurry

dc417f23
Community Member

thank you, I'll do. I was thinking I can solve but no. My lawer will tell me what is possible to make and/or if any action is possible. About my experienceç

my experience on upwork, despite having started with the best of intentions, proved to be very problematic**edited for Community Guidelines** I don't know what the experience as a freelancer can be. I want to emphasize that I have not had any problems with freelancers, but only disservice by UpWork. Using the platform instead of helping me severely penalized me and my job. I am very disappointed and disheartened.

varungs
Community Member

Upwork has several office addresses listed publicly which I was able to find after a cursory Google search -- moderators have also publicly provided guidance on litigation pursuit. If your legal team was unable to find what a kid on a forum could, I think it's time to switch law firms.

dc417f23
Community Member

I got a reply from Upwork, with an address.the law firm is working on it to give me a valid answer by Monday. Thanks

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gigi,

I'm sorry about the bad experience you had on our platform. I see our team is communicating with you on your support ticket and provided the information you requested. Please note that we can't discuss account and contract-specifics in the Community and kindly refer to the information our team provided directly on your open ticket. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Gigi, the Community Forum is a place for discussion.

Your posts have not provided context or an opportunity for that.

You can learn more about how to post properly in the Forum and about how to effectively handle problematic situations on Upwork here:

Problem? Solve Here

thank you for your reply because it give me the chance to explain a little bit more. And I think that this is important.

the real reason for the existence of this website should be to offer advantages to those who use it in their work. I think this is an important topic of discussion. Not being able to go into the merits of the matter as I was told above. I think it is right and legitimate to say that I personally have not had a bad experience with any freelancer, but I have suffered considerable damage due to the behavior, in my opinion contrary to the upwork mission, by upwork itself, which instead of facilitating my work has severely weakened and penalized it.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths