🐈
» Forums » Clients » Use my Balance amount to hire a freelancer
Page options
5275e112
Community Member

Use my Balance amount to hire a freelancer

Greetings,

How can I use my balance account to hire a new freelancer ? I have $500 in Balance, but I don't know how to use it (if possible) to hire. I charged this money to pay an old contract; which has been aborted.

thnaks for your help guys.

Hugues

8 REPLIES 8
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hugues,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, no. You can't use your Upwork balance to pay Freelancers. We can not transfer the funds earned as a freelancer to your client account. You will need to withdraw the funds and fund your payment method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi I'm not a freelancer, but thanks. I found the answer through the help
center; the balance will be used directly for any upcoming projects, and
just after that my n=bank will be charged for any dollars.

Have a nice weekend guys.

Hugues_

Hi Aleksandar,

Could you please let me know if there are any news about paying a freelancer with available balance?

since a freelancer can pay connects and membership plan with his available balance, it would be great if he can also tranfer the funds to his client account 🙂

Thank you,

Maryem

Hi everyone,

Could anyone tell me if it's possible to transfer funds from freelance account to client account, I need to hire someone for an urgent task and before, I need to know if this could be done so I can pay him. if I can't transfer money then ...Smiley Sad

Thank you all,

Maryem

petra_r
Community Member

Maryem C wrote:

Could anyone tell me if it's possible to transfer funds from freelance account to client account

No, that is not possible for legal reasons and hasn't been since 2013 or 2014.

maryemch
Community Member

Thank you Petra for your quick reply

ad3c6abc
Community Member

I am primarily a freelancer and want help from another freelancer but I want to pay them via my freelancer Upwork balance or by my local bank and not by a card or paypal. Please guide.

Hi Kriti G, that's not possible. 

As Petra said : "that is not possible for legal reasons and hasn't been since 2013 or 2014."

Latest Articles
Learning Paths