🐈
» Forums » Clients » Using Docusign in Upwork
Page options
3ca72076
Community Member

Using Docusign in Upwork

I have a contract and one other form that I sent through an attachment in messages that needs both my and my freelancer's signature. I would like to use Docusign. Does anyone know if this is possible? If it is, please advise  where I can learn how to implement the process. I would appreciate any information given.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I have a contract and one other form that I sent through an attachment in messages that needs both my and my freelancer's signature. I would like to use Docusign. Does anyone know if this is possible? If it is, please advise where I can learn how to implement the process. I would appreciate any information given."

No.

Upwork is not integrated with Docusign.

As a practicaly matter:
I have hired over 180 freelancers on Upwork.

I never had to have anybody sign a contract.

The default contracts in place are completely fine for my needs.

If you need something beyond that, you are allowed to have additional external contracts with clients.

You can simply send freelancers a PDF file and have them print it, sign it, and send it back.

Or send them a PDF file that they can download and fill out and sign digitally.

Or use Docusign using your own Docusign account, not integrated with the Upwork website.

You're allowed to do that. But I would point out that many freelancers will walk away, because they would be suspicious of such behavior, and such as that is extremely rare on Upwork.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "If it is, please advise where I can learn how to implement the process."

Docusign is not integrated into Upwork in any way.

If you want to use it, you are indeed allowed to use it.

If you want to learn how to use Docusign, you may post a jost on Upwork to hire Docusign experts to either teach you how to use it, or to integrate Docusign into your own website.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths