🐈
» Forums » Clients » Using Upwork as platform to manage invoices a...
Page options
b4e1b598
Community Member

Using Upwork as platform to manage invoices and tax with freelancer from UK, EU

I have a company registered in Germany. We have projects order from the client and for that, we need to get a freelancer from EU or UK.

My question is:

1. If we bring own freelancer from UK, can we use Upwork as a bridge to manage invoices, contract, and tax with a freelancer? If yes, how it works and what is the price?

2. How it works with point 1 in case of freelancer come from EU country?

I would really appreciate your feedback.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Dhara,

Many clients find Upwork very convenient for communicating with their freelancers, managing contracts, making payments and keeping track of reporting. I encourage you to check this page for general information on how it works. You can also browse our Help Center for information on how payments and reports work. If you have any additional questions about taxes, however, you may want to talk to a legal professional in your country.

And finally, note that you can bring your own freelancers to Upwork through this program.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Dhara,

Many clients find Upwork very convenient for communicating with their freelancers, managing contracts, making payments and keeping track of reporting. I encourage you to check this page for general information on how it works. You can also browse our Help Center for information on how payments and reports work. If you have any additional questions about taxes, however, you may want to talk to a legal professional in your country.

And finally, note that you can bring your own freelancers to Upwork through this program.

~ Valeria
Upwork
zoomconcepts
Community Member

Upwork's invoices are pretty useless in most of the EU countries - they're missing mandatory elements that make them very hard (and in some cases impossible) to use for proper EU compliant bookkeeping. 

You can hire people from the EU (as of now, that technically still includes UK freelancers) but your best bet for handling invoices and taxes properly is to have your freelancer invoice your company directly. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths