🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: VAT and TAX matter
Page options
f1a19437
Community Member

VAT and TAX matter

Dear

I would like to know about VAT.
If I make payment for freelancers who conducted service located in Poland where Im living now, should I pay VAT ?
Same as if I sell my service to other person in Poland should I put VAT ?

or If I sell my service outside Poland should I add VAT as freelancer or should I buy with VAT ?
or without VAT ?

How about TAX ?
will you provide tax declaration or should I provide tax declaration by myself when I received payment ?
Or I dont have to declare it to the tax office ?

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Takeshi,

Upwork doesn't currently charge VAT on client payments to freelancers or on payment processing fees. Clients in the EU may enter a VAT number in SettingsMy Info so that invoices from the freelancer can be marked 'VAT Reverse Charged' when appropriate. This will appear on your invoices if the freelancer or agency is located in a different country. You can check out this help article for more information on VAT.

Regarding taxes, please consult with a local tax advisor as we can't provide tax advice. Feel free to check out this help article for more information on the taxes and this one for reports and invoices.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear

Thank you very much for your mail and information.
So this means that a transaction between person to person ( private user to
private user ) does not need to put VAT right ?

However If I need an invoice with VAT from an individual person who made a
service for me, how can I get invoice with VAT ?

How can I add as a cost for accounting ?
Can I get some receipt or some invoice ( without VAT ) from you or from a
freelancer ?

Best regards,

Takeshi

Hi Takeshi,

You need to check with your tax advisor for more information. For invoices, please refer to my previous post in this thread.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths