🐈
» Forums » Clients » Very Un-ReasonableClient Protection From UpWo...
Page options
g_nikolov
Community Member

Very Un-ReasonableClient Protection From UpWork

Ok so I am not satisfied from hired freelancer job done, the same refuses to refund hours where he performed very poorly, and upwork does not steps in to mediate quality of work.

What should I say? UpWork is looking only after its fee interest?

How I am able to compain and win this when UpWork judge based on time worked.
If I knew what this freelancer does based on these freaking sreenshots, I wouldn't hired no one for this task!!!!!

Freelancer keeps saying 8 years experience, yet i was baby sitting him during whole time.
Who to complain now, how I am protected in this case?
Just posting here, not really leaning on get any reasonable advice or getting help to refund hours where she failed to provide, but I know how to spread the word tho.

So lets see who will win on the long run.

6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG

Hi Goran,

Are you referring to Hourly Payment Protection and filing a dispute for hours billed?

The client can dispute hours billed that were spent working on something unrelated to the work the freelancer was hired for. On hourly contracts, the dispute process is based on the hours the freelancer billed to you, and not on the quality of the Work. If you're considering filing a dispute, please see this help article for more information.

That said, you can still discuss any issues with the freelancer and request a refund from them.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Freelancer is not willing to consider refund for hours he didnt delivered, basically worked like he doesn't have 1 hour experience, not 8 years.
I am just noting this here, dispute wont help, already influenced few people step off UpWork, so yes UpWork re-think your work policy for Clients too!!!!!

This will not end tho, i am spreading the words, and hope you lose lot of Clients.

Thanks

It sounds like you hired the wrong freelancer.

Goran,

I'm sorry to hear the freelancer you hired didn't deliver great results. We appreciate your feedback about the Hourly Protection. In general, if you prefer to pay once the freelancer delivers final (or part of the) agreed product and you review their work, you can consider using Fixed-Price contracts. We'll also have one of our agents reach out to you directly so that they could check on a specific contract you're having issues with and offer assistance. Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

If this is the reply on this complaint, after so much time waiting, then I request full refund from UpWork!!!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran, I think there may be some confusion here.

It is not Upwork's intention that you receive a "refund" relating to the work that the freelancer did.

The freelancer already spent time working on your behalf, as part of an hourly contract. You have no way of refunding the time that freelancer spent back to him. If you do not want to continue working with that freelancer, then you do not have to. You may close a contract at any time, and you do not need to explain your reasons for doing so.

If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask your questions here in this thread.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths