cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Freelancer Profile

Highlighted
Nirmala R Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
1 of 8

I have resumed work in oDesk after a long gap of 4 years. Lot has been changed I am finding it difficult to access a lot of things. Besides the website is awfully slow with the ame change. Right now I need help with one area.

I am not able to view freelancers profile without logging in? Is it a new change or restriction on the profile. I would like the profiles to be viewed by project sponsors they would not like logging in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

Nirmala,

You DO NOT NEED TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT in order to view a contractor's profile.

You can use a web browser and go directly to a contractor's profile.

For example, this is my profile URL:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012ab645e1d96a5c7f

You could send that in an email message to any of the people you are working with, and they would be able to see my profile.

Two caveats:

- You DO need to log in with an Upwork account in order to view a contractor's portfolio.

- There are THREE possible visibility settings that contractors may choose. If they choose "public", then everybody can see their profiles. But if they choose "Only show my profile to Upwork users logged in" or "Private", then you can NOT view their pages without being logged in (or unless they apply to your job, if their setting is "Private")

This means you can see MOST of the profile for MANY contractors WITHOUT BEING LOGGED IN.

But you can NOT see ALL of the profile (portfolio, for those contractors who have one) if you are not logged in, and you can not see EVERY contractor's profile while NOT logged in.

I do now know what proportion of contractors have not set their profiles to public. I do know that there are a lot of public profiles to choose from. I'm sure you can find who you need from among their ranks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
3 of 8

Thank you Preston. Couple of the profiles I tried to see brings me the login screen, this could be becasue their settings could be for UpWork users only. I will speak with the contractors to cross check.

Highlighted
4 of 8

Hi Preston

This is one example for the issue I mentioned. Contractor confirmed their profile visiblity is set to public. 

It wouldn't bring up the profile though but login. Here is the link.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 8

Nirmala,

Sorry about that.

There are DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF profile URLs.

Try using this one:

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01a8feaf5a6313cba0/

Note how it is different from the version of the profile URL that requires a log-in:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a8feaf5a6313cba0

Highlighted
6 of 8

That worked Smiley Happy Thank you so much !

Highlighted
7 of 8

Hi Preston,

Due to some reason the profile links no longer works. It just brings up a blank page. Not sure if it's a system issue.

Thanks.

Highlighted
8 of 8

Nevermind I think it was due to some server delay. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS