Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View full feedback from freelancer

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
1 of 11

I can see a freelancer's overall star rating for me on their feedback on a job, but is there a way to see how they rated each individual aspect of working with me? Clicking on the job title on their profile shows their individual stars, but not mine:

feedback.PNG

On the contract page I can see their star rating and text feedback but again, can't see a star break-down.

I've never had to look at this before, but this is the first time I received less than 5 stars, and I'd like to know if there was something specific the freelancer felt like I had done wrong, so I can reflect on that and see if there's something I can improve next time. (I know I *could* just ask the freelancer, but I'd prefer not to do that unless I have to - I feel like it might come off wrong and be intimidating, and it might sound like I want them to change it (which I don't).)

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Jennifer,

It doesn't seem like the breakdown of the freelancer's feedback to the client is currently available. Let me bring it up to the team and see if this is something we could add in the future. 

Thanks for the feedback.

~ Valeria
Untitled
This widget could not be displayed.
3 of 11

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

It doesn't seem like the breakdown of the freelancer's feedback to the client is currently available. Let me bring it up to the team and see if this is something we could add in the future. 

Thanks for the feedback.

This is an essential information for clients! If I see a 3.90 rating on a client's profile I do not apply to those person's jobs. So, clients should know what freelancers dislike. For freelancers the detailed information is relevant as well. 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 11

Thanks Valeria ... my misunderstanding.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 11

Hi Virginia,

Jennifer isn't referring to private feedback but to the detailed information about public feedback you can see when you click on the name of the job on freelancer profile.

~ Valeria
Untitled
6 of 11

As far as I remember the criteria for the client are exactly the same like for the freelancer and do not fit 100% for a client. Maybe therefore only the overall rating is shown. There should be different criteria for clients to rate them, for example: slow or fast payment, false briefing etc.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 11

Margarete M wrote

This is an essential information for clients! If I see a 3.90 rating on a client's profile I do not apply to those person's jobs.

Seriously? If you see ONE single feedback like that on the profile of a client who has flawless feedback from countless freelancers otherwise, you don't apply?

I pay very little attention to the feedback freelancers leave for a client, and am far more interested in the feedback the client leaves for their freelancers. The former doesn't have a lasting imact on me, the latter does.

8 of 11

@Petra R wrote:

Seriously? If you see ONE single feedback like that on the profile of a client who has flawless feedback from countless freelancers otherwise, you don't apply?

I pay very little attention to the feedback freelancers leave for a client, and am far more interested in the feedback the client leaves for their freelancers. The former doesn't have a lasting imact on me, the latter does.

Maybe not if there are 30 5 stars and only one with 3 stars and if it looks like the freelancer was not great.

At first, I look at the client's hourly rates and fees paid. If I see a pattern of low rates, I do not bid. Then I look at the ratings. And often there are certain patterns: several low ratings or no feedback from either the client or the freelancer. If I see such a pattern then I abstain from bidding to this client's jobs in most cases.

And really, if I ever have applied to jobs from clients with the above mentioned patterns in their job history I always was not happy with them in the end.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
9 of 11

If I leave an under five feedback for a client, I would like that client to know what I was not happy with. There is no point in leaving anything less than a five-star feedback, unless the client can see where the lower ratings went.

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
10 of 11

@Nichola L wrote:

If I leave an under five feedback for a client, I would like that client to know what I was not happy with. There is no point in leaving anything less than a five-star feedback, unless the client can see where the lower ratings went.

Exactly, Nicola, and that's exactly why I wanted to see it - my interactions with the freelancer have otherwise been excellent (and as you can see, I left them 5 stars), so I'd like to know what specifically they were disappointed in so I can improve that.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS