🐈
» Forums » Clients » Visa Debit card Compromised
Page options
rehanshams698
Community Member

Visa Debit card Compromised

Hi,

My visa debit card information has been compromised. A hefty amount has been deducted from my account by using a third party platform apple.com. Upwork was the only place where all my card information was saved including my security code/address. I don't feel safe providing any financial information on the Upwork platform.

5 REPLIES 5
ArjayM

Hi Rehan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm really sorry to hear about the unauthorized transaction that's been processed on your account. At Upwork, we take your privacy seriously. We are always working to help ensure Upwork is a secure platform for our users.

Since the transaction you're referring to does not seem to be related to Upwork, I highly suggest you contact your credit card provider for further information and assistance for the amount that's been deducted without your consent. Additionally, please review this page for more details regarding our privacy policy.

~ Arjay
Upwork
rehanshams698
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I have contacted my bank as well as apple support. Both are in a view that it could only be possible if your account information is saved on some website. In my case, it is only Upwork. Since I opened my bank account, I have not faced any fraudulent issues until I put my card information on Upwork a month ago. 14 transactions on my card were made in less than 1 hour. I request you to have an investigation of this data breach issue.

If Upwork takes privacy seriously, there should have been some investigation regarding the breach of my financial information. I am absolutely positive that my card information has never been saved to a website other than Upwork.

Hi Rehan,

I certainly understand your situation. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Rehan S wrote:

I request you to have an investigation of this data breach issue.

There is no data breach issue here. You were phished or your card was cloned or someone got the details.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths