🐈
» Forums » Clients » WORST SUPPORT. *edited*
Page options
46624da5
Community Member

WORST SUPPORT. *edited*

Worst support EVER.

1. you want video verification, and NO ONE EVER shows up.    4 times I click on link.

NO ONE.  NOT NORMAL

2. Then an **edited for Community Guidelines** Upwork worker shows up on Google meeting. Audio is not working, I text him and tell him, since he heard me, I would shut down and reopen.

Well he left. NOT NORMAL.  HE LEFT AFTER ONE MINUTE.

3. Then YOU PEOPLE do now allow me to hire people, b/c you locked account. Why?

Because your Customer Support is the WORST.

4. Then I CALL for help.   I tell him all the issues.  

His Answer?......

I need video verification.

Honestly, you can not make this up.

7 REPLIES 7
AndreaG

Hi Nancy,

I'm sorry to hear you have been having issues with your account. I followed up and see that your concern has already been escalated. One of our agents will update you shortly and assist you with this situation. Thank you for your patience.

~Andrea
Upwork
46624da5
Community Member

Escalated like last time, where the guy didnt wait for me on the  google meeting for me to restart it so I could hear him?

Your support is a **edited for Community Guidelines**.  And so are the people who are responsible for training.

It starts at the top, and when the lower level people are **edited for Community Guidelines**,  then leadership is the problem.   

Why  does the person who I called today, after explaining all the issues trying to make a video meeting ...  that my account has been on hold....   I ask what can be done?

His answer....   Do a video meeting. **edited for Community Guidelines** was his name.

Who trains your people?  Are they that **edited for Community Guidelines**

Here you go-----

I have been waiting 5 hours on  chat  to get help--   I opened this chat window @   3:00   to discuss my account.  It is  8:20 pm.      No one has shown up.      I know it was 3:00  as I called @ 3:10 to speak to **edited for Community Guidelines** for support. 

This is how ill equipped Upwork is.    

So not only is upper management failures, your tech team for chat help area are not too swift.

BTW --  I have had windows open on different browsers for 24 hrs,  and no one shows up.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nancy, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience while trying to verify your account. I can see that Andrea has escalated your concern with the team, and right now, the team is reviewing your issue further. As Andrea has shared, a member of the team will reach out to you to assist you.

In the meantime, I would like to note that I have edited your posts as we do not allow posting chat transcripts or private communication; posting inappropriate content that includes, but is not limited to profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, insults, disruptive or hostile comments; identifying persons in an accusation of misconduct, incompetence, or other wrongdoing; and or posting deliberately disruptive and negative statements about Upwork. You may refer to our Community Guidelines here for more information. I would like to request that you adhere to the guidelines when posting in the Community.

I understand that your experience has not been ideal, and we will follow up with the team handling your case so that this can be resolved soon. If you have other questions related to your concern, please don't hesitate to update your open support ticket so that the team handling your case can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Nancy (the original poster) has legitimate complaints.

This is not the type of experience that any Upwork client should have.

If there are hoops that clients are being asked to jump through, and they are resulting in this type of experience, then the requirements to jump through hoops need to be rescinded. At least temporarily - until these problems can be resolved.

And would Upwork mods please stop apologizing, when you are not in the least sorry. Those words, "I am sorry",  only add fuel to the fire.  Just ensure that the upper echelons in Upwork are doing their job about this so-called security and helping (not hindering) people to verify their profiles. 

I am still not convinced about how secure this system is. I have verified twice giving passport details to faceless people. How do I know what this information is being (has been) used for? 

Hi Nichola,

Access to the information you provide during identity verification is handled by Upwork agents who have passed strict background checks and our secure, third-party vendor’s automated checks. We do not share or sell any of the information you submit to us. After 30 days, the information you submit to verify your identity is deleted.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths