🐈
» Forums » Clients » WP Plugin Dev Required
Page options
f288f008
Community Member

WP Plugin Dev Required

Hi Community,

I'm new to Upwork and need some help if you guys could be so kind.

I own my own site and require a plugin to gather information from a database to the front end of my site through something like a search bar.

1. Whom do I ask if this is even possible? 

2. How do I get quotes etc? 

I'm pretty sure it's an easy task for the correct skilled person. I just don't want to get dragged into something I know very little about. 

I'd appreciate any direction 

Thank You

Lee

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Whom do I ask if this is even possible?"

It is certainly possible. There is no need to ask anyone else about that or wonder any more about that.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "How do I get quotes etc?"

Brcause of your relative lack of familiarity with this topic, it is better if you do not try to get quotes right now.

Post a job posting briefly describing what you are trying to do. State that you want to hire consultants who will only talk to you about the best ways to do this, and who will give you advice about how much it could cost and who you should consider hiring. Start in this job posting that these will be consultations only.

Then hire four different people who apply to your job or respond to your direct invites.

Talk to each of them for about thirty minutes each.

After that, you may hire people to work on this.

The safest way to work on this is to create development servers which are copies of your love site. Hire people to work only on the development or staging server.

For best results, use hourly contracts.

For best results, hire three or four different freelancers to work on completely separate development servers, and then use the results that you like the best.

If your budget is particularly limited, you may want to hire only sequentially. Hire only one freelancer at a time and see what he can do for you. Just keep in mind that if you hire only one freelancer, you can't compare her work to the work done by other freelancers.

But overall, if your needs for a search bar are quire straightforward, this could indeed be a very simple task that could be done for a limited amount of money. Maybe as little as $100 for the actual work.

You could end up paying more for the consultation. But I strongly recommend doing that step in order to help you learn more about your system and the possibilities for enhancing it.

If your needs are more complex, this could cost much more.

Preston, that's fantastic!

Thank You for your support 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths