🐈
» Forums » Clients » Want to change milestones but now it shows me...
Page options
2e258f5c
Community Member

Want to change milestones but now it shows me paying twice as much

I am new to Upwork and started a contract with someone for $30. Now that they are working on the project, we'd like to break that $30 down into $5 increments. I added 6 milestones at $5/each but now it is showing that the job's budget is $60, and that the $30 budget is the first milestone. We'd like to get rid of that $30 milestone so I can pay him the first $5 milestone ASAP. Does he need to make changes on his end?
1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

This is what I would do:

CLOSE the current contract.

You will see a field that lets you edit the amount of money to be released. EDIT the dollar amount, changing it from $30 to $5.

This will trigger a refund request. The freelancer needs to ACCEPT the refund request.

This will cause the $25 to be returned to your funding source/credit card automatically within 5 business days.

Create a NEW fixed-price contract and fund a $5 milestone. The "budget" does not matter. Put the budget as $5. But after you create and complete one milestone, you can continue to create as many new $5 milestones as you would like.

Be sure to TELL the freelancer what you are doing before you close the current contract. That way he will be expecting the refund request and can quickly agree to it.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths