🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Want to close my freelancer account and k...
Page options
sam_malix
Community Member

Want to close my freelancer account and keep using my client account

Hello i have signed up many time ago on upwork through freelancer account. But i did not work on it. Now i created an agency and want to hire freelancers on upwork. And i want to cancel my freelancer account and keep using my client account. I also delete my posted job. Please help me

71 REPLIES 71
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sam,

Your freelancer profile is now closed, when you log in you will have your client profile only. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello sir thanks for the help. Yes i see it upwork removed my freelancer profile. I also have another issue when i add my billing method it will give me this error. But before deleting my freelancer profile my payment method is successfully added.

Hi Sam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you sir. Can you please tell me you have created a ticket for me or not. Becaise i'm unable to create a support ticket. And there is no ticket on my request section.

Hi Sam,

Our team is reaching out to you as we speak. Once the ticket is created you will be able to view under your ticket section and you will receive an email notification as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok sir thank you very much

Hi Goran, can you do the same for me? I have a client and a freelancer account. I dont need the freelancer account.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Oliver,

In order for our team to be able to close your freelancer profile, you will need to withdraw your active proposal. Once this is done, let me know here and our team will close your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please, I need to close my freelancer account too but I want to keep my client account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alejandro,

One of our team members reached out to you via this support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear Goran I have the same issue. Can you please help me to close my freelancer account but keep my client account. Thanks!

Hi Roger,

We closed your freelancer account as per your request. Thank you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
953337e8
Community Member

Is it possible to help me do the same? I just opened my client account and no longer need the freelancer account 

i want to close my freelancer avvount, now i use only my client account.

Hello Kuldeep,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Can you do the same for me, please? i just need my clients account

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I want to close my freelancer account and MUST keep my client account. Can you help?

Hi Lorne,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Goran, I need to close my freelance account too but keep my Client account. thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matt, 

I'll be able to help you with that. Before I proceed, could you please withdraw your candidacies by going here? Once done, let us know by replying to this thread and we'll close your freelancer account for you.

~ Avery
Upwork

Please do the same for me. Delete freelancer, keep client profile. 

Hi Nils,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Goran:

Just red what you did for Sam B.

I too need to please close my freelancer account but I want to keep my client account.

Can you help me with this?

Hi Angela,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I want to delete my freelancer account but keep using my client account. Can you delete the freelancer account for me?

Hi Kaitlin,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
frazo
Community Member

Hello,

I am facing the exact same thing. My freelance part I'd like to have closed, keep the Client side. In settings I am able to remove the client part, but not the freelance part. Could anyone help?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Frank,

I checked your account but I can see that you`ve already closed it. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can you kindly provide instructions how to close a freelancer account and keep a client accoount open? It is not helpful to do it for people without explaining how when the purpose of this thread is to ask for directions so we can do it ourselves. Thanks so much.

Hi Rhiannon,

You can find instructions on how to close your account here. However, if you hold freelancer and client accounts, your entire Upwork account (both freelancer and client accounts) will be closed when you close either account type. If you'd like to close your freelancer account only, please review the requirements and confirm here, we'll be happy to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
3a614fda
Community Member

Thank you.
Yes, as the subject says, I want to close my freelancer account and keep using my client account. I do not want to close both accounts as I am still using the client account. Please do not close all my accounts.

You mention requirements? There is nothing attached that explains the requirements. I cannot review requirements if I don’t know what they are.

Hi Rhiannon,

Thanks for confirming. I would just like to clarify that Andrea was referring to the link she shared in her response. If you open the link, it will direct you to the help article about closing an account. If you click on each account type, it provides detailed instructions on what to check before closing an account. As requested, I'll go ahead and process your request to close your freelancer account and keep the client account active.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3a614fda
Community Member

Many thanks. I am replying via email so unfortunately I cannot see names, but I appreciate the collective help.

I would like my freelancer account closed, please. Very grateful for the help.

Hi Rhiannon,

I'd like to confirm that your request has been processed, and one of our agents has reached out to you via ticket to confirm. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello! Please close my freelancer account and keep the client account. Thank you!

Hi Sean,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
shyamvp
Community Member

Hi, please close my freelancer account & keep only the client account.

Hi Shyam,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths