cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to close my freelancer account and keep using my client account

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
11 of 19

Hi Alejandro,

One of our team members reached out to you via this support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Frank K Member Since: Jul 4, 2020
12 of 19

Hello,

I am facing the exact same thing. My freelance part I'd like to have closed, keep the Client side. In settings I am able to remove the client part, but not the freelance part. Could anyone help?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
13 of 19

Hi Frank,

I checked your account but I can see that you`ve already closed it. Thank you.

Untitled
Rhiannon N Member Since: Jan 13, 2021
14 of 19

Can you kindly provide instructions how to close a freelancer account and keep a client accoount open? It is not helpful to do it for people without explaining how when the purpose of this thread is to ask for directions so we can do it ourselves. Thanks so much.

Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
15 of 19

Hi Rhiannon,

You can find instructions on how to close your account here. However, if you hold freelancer and client accounts, your entire Upwork account (both freelancer and client accounts) will be closed when you close either account type. If you'd like to close your freelancer account only, please review the requirements and confirm here, we'll be happy to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
16 of 19
Thank you.
Yes, as the subject says, I want to close my freelancer account and keep using my client account. I do not want to close both accounts as I am still using the client account. Please do not close all my accounts.

You mention requirements? There is nothing attached that explains the requirements. I cannot review requirements if I don’t know what they are.
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
17 of 19

Hi Rhiannon,

Thanks for confirming. I would just like to clarify that Andrea was referring to the link she shared in her response. If you open the link, it will direct you to the help article about closing an account. If you click on each account type, it provides detailed instructions on what to check before closing an account. As requested, I'll go ahead and process your request to close your freelancer account and keep the client account active.

-Joanne
Untitled
18 of 19
Many thanks. I am replying via email so unfortunately I cannot see names, but I appreciate the collective help.

I would like my freelancer account closed, please. Very grateful for the help.
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
19 of 19

Hi Rhiannon,

I'd like to confirm that your request has been processed, and one of our agents has reached out to you via ticket to confirm. 

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS