🐈
» Forums » Clients » Want to close my freelancer account and keep ...
Page options
sam_malix
Community Member

Want to close my freelancer account and keep using my client account

Hello i have signed up many time ago on upwork through freelancer account. But i did not work on it. Now i created an agency and want to hire freelancers on upwork. And i want to cancel my freelancer account and keep using my client account. I also delete my posted job. Please help me

71 REPLIES 71
370610a2
Community Member

Hi there, 

Since I haven't found any way on the user interface I'm asking here. 

I want to close my freelancer account and keep using my client account. I do not want to close both accounts as I am still using the client account.

Can you please do that ? Thank you in advance.

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, 

Can you also do the same for me. Delete the freelancer account but keep the client account . 

Thank you

Hi Code,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ikatedr
Community Member

Hi, I would like to close my Freelancer account but retain my Client account. Please help ASAP. Thank you.

Hi Irish Kate,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3688934d
Community Member

Hi Andrea. I also want to delete my freelancer account, but keep the client's account. Please help.

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
01aac02d
Community Member

Can you please close my freelancer account, as well?   Thank you.

Hi Roma,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mladen_svraka
Community Member

Hi, I have the same request. Can you please close my freelancer account and keep my client account open? Thank you.

Hi Mladen,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b0275e45
Community Member

Hello! Can you please help me and cancel my freelancer account as well? I'm stuck in a freelancer account and need a client account. I don't have any jobs open as I've never used it. 

Hi Anna,

I can see that you've reached out to the team with the same concern and a support ticket has been set up. We certainly understand your concern. However, users are only allowed to have one account, having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's TOS. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update here from one of the members. Please don't hesitate to communicate through that ticket so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4207c9c2
Community Member

I also want the same to be done. want to keep my client account and delete the freelancer account 

761970ad
Community Member

Looking for the same with my account - need to close my freelancer account but KEEP my client account

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b6569cf0
Community Member

Hello, 

Can you please close my freelancer account and keep my client account? 

Thanks in advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angel, 

Your freelancer account has now been closed as per your request.

~ Avery
Upwork
c839bf95
Community Member

Hi, would you please do the same for me? Close freelancer account and keep client account. Thanks!

Hi Armita,

Thank you for your message.  I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.  

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
34abff51
Community Member

Hi Can I also close my freelancer account and just keep my client account please

Hi Mel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
huizhenng
Community Member

Hello, i would also like to close my freelancer account and keep my client account. thanks

Hi Hui,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
eca2bfba
Community Member

I would like to do the same. I would like to delete my freelancer account

Hi Sahil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3f65dd57
Community Member

Hi Upwork Support Team, 

I couldn't find a way to directly reach out to your customer service, so I am using this forum to request that my freelancer account be deleted while keeping my client account intact.  Thank you!

Hi Iroda,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
lone-sartaj_aziz
Community Member

For better assistance, it would be best to contact customer support. They will be able to assist you.

Sartaj Aziz Lone
7152d6cb
Community Member

Did you not know? rather you're a Freelancer, Agent or Client it's all a business and it's helpful to bring in good communication cause really Freelancer bring in the opportunites they are the ones help push the work. All three is good for use cause I actually like in case I need for helping others.

32e81aaf
Community Member

Of course, I'd be happy to assist you with this!

To transition from a freelancer account to a client account on Upwork and effectively manage your agency, here are the steps you can follow:

1. Cancel Freelancer Account: If you no longer wish to use your freelancer account and want to focus solely on your client account, you can close your freelancer account. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Log in to your Upwork account.

b. Click on your profile picture at the top-right corner.

c. Select "Settings & Privacy."

d. Under the "Account" section, click on "Close my account."

e. Follow the prompts to complete the account closure process.

2. Using Your Client Account: Once your freelancer account is closed, you can continue using your client account to post jobs and hire freelancers for your agency.

3. Delete Posted Job: If you have posted a job as a freelancer and you want to remove it, you can take the following steps:

a. Log in to your client account on Upwork.

b. Go to the "Jobs" section.

c. Find the job posting you want to delete.

d. Click on the job title to open the job posting.

e. In the job posting window, you should see an option to delete or close the job. Click on that option to remove the posting.

Remember, Upwork's support team is available to assist you if you encounter any issues during this process. Feel free to reach out to them if you have any questions or need further guidance.

By following these steps, you'll be able to effectively manage your agency and hire freelancers while using your client account. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your agency and future projects on Upwork!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths