🐈
» Forums » Clients » Want to pay Freelancer, need assurance he wil...
Page options
28e3c128
Community Member

Want to pay Freelancer, need assurance he will get signed up

The freelancer is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

He signed up a couple of weeks ago but the only way I could hire him was go to his public page.

He says he does not have privileges to get payment on upwork yet. I had to pay him outside Upwork last week.

He did an interview today. Can you prioritize his acceptance. I plan on working with him long term. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
colettelewis
Community Member

Tony H wrote:

The freelancer is https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01eceb5c936a139bf9

He signed up a couple of weeks ago but the only way I could hire him was go to his public page.

He says he does not have privileges to get payment on upwork yet. I had to pay him outside Upwork last week.

He did an interview today. Can you prioritize his acceptance. I plan on working with him long term. Thanks.

You and the Upworker have got it wrong - so wrong that you both risk having your accounts permanently suspended. 

Just because you are a client does not exempt you from Upwork's terms and conditions. The main one being: You may not circumvent. So if you want to go on working with this freelancer, you bring him up to speed on what he is and is not allowed to do on this platform. Upwork will not "prioritize" his acceptance unless you set up a formal contract  that is accepted by the freelancer in question and that payment is made through Upwork.  What part of this is so difficult to understand?  

And this is only if Upwork keeps you and the freelancer in question on the site. 

AndreaG

Hi Tony, we won't be able to discuss the status of the freelancer's account here, but rest assured, our support team is there to assist them directly.
As Nichola pointed out, requesting or making payments outside of Upwork if you and the freelancer met through Upwork isn't allowed. One of our agents will reach out to you directly with more information.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths