🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: We are unable to authorize your card. Ple...
Page options
485619a4
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

I tried to attach to my mastercard in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

384 REPLIES 384
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Priyank,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I also have same issue help please ?

Plug and play WordPress developer.

Hi Zaheer,

To set up a withdrawal method please add your account under Settings > Get PaidBilling Methods are used for paying freelancers or if you would like to upgrade to our Plus plan. To learn more about this check out our guide for Billing Methods. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Similarly I am also trying to add a billing method but unfortunatley I am unable to do so. Can you please help.

Hi Rana,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble adding your billing method. I tried tp replicate the issue, and when i checked the option to add a billing method from your account, I was directed to this page: image.png

Are you not able to add your information on this page? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am also receiving the same error.

I have used the same card on other sites and it worked well.

Can someone please help

Hi Waqas,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify are you trying to add a Billing or Withdrawal method? 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add mastercard as billing method. I saw following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I contact with my bank and use same card on other websites , it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am unable to buy my connects as every time I try to, I get this message, "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I have visa debit card. Also, I have been receiving my payments directly into my bank and had no issue before. This is the first time I am trying to add connects by letting upwork charge from the same account. Why is this happening now? 

Hi Saher,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hallo..

I have same problem here.

I can't add a billing method. i can't add my Visa Debit Card.

It Says :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Regards, Damar

Hi Damar,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello sir ! I am facing the same problem. I am trying to add my debit card in billing method but upwork is showing the same message "we are unable to authorize your card"

plz help me as i want to buy connects

Hi Zain,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
841d4127
Community Member

I have contacted my bank and they say that my debit card is activated for all type of transactions and problem is in the website. my debit card is running perfectly on other freelancing sites but upwork is not accepting that.

plz help me as i have to buy connects

Hi Zain,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket in a timely manner.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Having the same issue my friend, could you help me?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elton,

Could you please clarify your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
muneeb267
Community Member

Hi there I am trying to add a methhod as I need to buy connects.  But an error message shown "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.". What does that mean and how I can resolve the issue ?

Hi Muhammad,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

This is unstoppable issue GUYS.I am still suffering due to this. Now I got account inactive message from upwork. Amazing thing is they don't want me to work and on another side warned me about my account.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked the support ticket regarding your previous issue with the billing method and it seems that our team already assisted you with that.

Regarding your concern, please note that if you are an established freelancer and don’t earn money on Upwork for a period of two years or more, your profile visibility will automatically change from public to private. When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results and will not be seen by clients unless you submit a proposal to their job. You can check out this help article for more information. Would you like us to reset your profile visibility back to public?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hey i got this problem to, can you help me
"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Hi Fairuz,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi. I am unable to add my VISA card to billing method. How can I resolve the issue? 

Hi Sardorbek,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text of the error with me here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi team upwork,
Facing the issue of billing from Mastercard that "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ghulam,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

hello guys..

i have the same issue as well

please help !!

Hi Creative,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Im having the same issue, I need some help

@Goran V

Do you have another answer for that?

I saw you are tying same copy-paste answer for all.

Hi Sanjeev,

Just to clarify, the answer you`re referring to is our troubleshooting steps.
If you`re experiencing any problems on your end, feel free to share more details with me here or via PM (click on my name). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please help I have the same problem. I am currently unable to add a billing method to my upwork. I have tried debit card and paypal and still says "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing" please help.

Hi John Raves,

I checked your account and can confirm that the bank declined this transaction. For more information, please contact the local bank directly. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, 

I am also unable to buy connects using my MasterCard. Upwork is throwing an error that my MasterCard could not be authorized even though it works for other websites. Please help me to buy connects kindly. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello sir. ! I am also facing the same problem. I am trying to add my debit card in billing method but upwork is unable to authorize my card. Please help me with my concern.

Regards, Almirah.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths