🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: We are unable to authorize your card. Ple...
Page options
ffbbfc8a
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing ban

Hello
My bank and VISA confirms everything is OK.

at Upwork, I get
"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."
Please help.

81 REPLIES 81
wptophat
Community Member

I am having the same issue. There is more than enough money in the account to cover my bill, but Upwork has not been able to charge. The bank tells me they have not even seen a charge attempt from Upwork at all.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emiel,

If the debit card your bank issued doesn't require prefunding, you should be able to add it as a billing method. For more details on how to set up your billing method check out our guide.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi

facing same problem, unable to authorize your card.The bank officer said that everything is ok.Need help!

Hi Sharjeel,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f059c7c1
Community Member

Hello! I'm getting the same error message when I try to add a billing method. Could you assist me, please?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jose Gabriel, 

Looks like you removed your billing method. Please use this link to see the billing methods available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
f059c7c1
Community Member

Hello Bojangles, I tried that already. That's when I get the error message.
Please review the attachment
Thanks
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jose Gabriel,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
3dc151e0
Community Member

I have the same issue. I contacted my bank and my card is fully activated. Ive used it on other sites as well. Keep getting the error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I need to buy connects. Please help

Hi Chaudhry,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, Bojan.

I've added a VISA/mastercard in upwork but it says "Your card is restricted by your card issuer and cannot be used at Upwork. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

What does it mean?

Hi Marie,

You should check with your bank for more information as the charge is getting declined. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hi BOJAN! 

I am having a same problem as sharjeel and I am trying with MASTER card. I had a problem with the VISA card .

Hi Urooj,

I have checked your account and I can't seem to replicate the issue. It looks like you just added a billing method a few hours ago and it's currently active. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Sir have the same issue.

Hi Mumtaz,

It looks like the transactions have been declined. It would be best to reach out to your card-issuing bank so that they can check on the specific decline error.

~ Joanne
Upwork
d06fdde6
Community Member

Hello,

Please assist, I'm also having the same issue while using the credit card issued by my bank.

Thank you.

Hi Aljon,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
af047d0d
Community Member

Upwork Says "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." How can i fixed this problem.

Hi Sachin,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

I tried to attach to my VISA in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

Hi Mohammed,

Could you please try contacting your bank, ask them to allow international transactions, and ask them to remove any restrictions so you can use it on Upwork? Let us know if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork
ffbbfc8a
Community Member

me too, I get: 

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.

I'm a regular still have 100USD in Escrow for another project!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emiel,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
wptophat
Community Member

What about for me Bojan?

I am, having the same issue and now my account is suspended for non-payment. This is nopt my fault because the money is there. But for some reason your system is not able to process the charge. Also, the bank says that there have been no attempts by Upwork to charge me that they can see. 

THe banks stated this:

**Edited for community guidelines**

Please help me resolve this ASAP so I can get my account back to good standing. And no, I do not have another payment method available.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tim,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Bojan

I am facing the same issue putting all the necessary info. Forum shows identification error

Plz guide

Hi Umar,

It looks like your billing method was being declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. In addition, you may contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,
I am facing the same issue. I checked with the card issuer and everything is fine at their end. This is the error I get when I try to add my card. "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." 

Can you please advise? 

The issue is sorted. Thanks 

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. how can i add my billing method please help me sir. i've tried everything

Hi Naresh,

To learn more about our accepted billing methods and how to add one, check out this Guide. I would also suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I've already go through that guide, and i  know how to add billing method,  and my bank account is enabled for international charges but still it showing the same.

Hi Naresh,

Our team has reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cdf1acdd
Community Member

I am also facing the same issue. Although i have contacted my related bank and they said everything is fine there and they did not see any transaction attempt from upwork..

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Javed,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same problem I have Mastercard of UBL and it is working on other websites but it is not working on Upwork and I can't find any email or contact information of Upwork to find help.

Hi Hammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your Mastercard. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths