🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Unable to authorize debit card
Page options
485619a4
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

I tried to attach to my mastercard in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

384 REPLIES 384

I am having the same issue. Please resolve it. I am trying since last week.

Hi Hassan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Govan. I am experiencing an issue with Upwork "

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add MasterCard as a billing method. I saw the following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I contact my bank and use the same card on other websites, it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work. please help

Hi Richard,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

I'm not able to add a card on billing method and getting the same error can you please help me

Hi Disha,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you’re experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi

still, I'm not able to edit my card can you please check it

Thanks
Disha

Support team, I also get trouble in that. I wanna buy connects but failed in adding billing method and had the notice: We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. Thanks in advane

Hi Loan,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,

Same issue! I tried to attach my mastercard  in payment method but it is showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue? The card is working well on other sites. 

Hi Warda,

Could you please clarify if you're trying to add a billing method or a payment method to withdraw your funds? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm adding a billing method on my client account.

Hi Warda, 

I can see that you were already assisted through a support ticket. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to update your ticket thread so that the team handling your concern can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having the same issue and i need help. can someone reach out to me please 

I need help with the same issue please

I am Having same problem Kindly help me out i shall be very thankfull. 

Hi Ayaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try to add your credit card again after a couple of hours and let us know if the issue persists? We will be happy to assist you further if the issue persists.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fd095c8e
Community Member

i have visa debit card and attempted several times still gettting the error we are unable to authotize...etc. i a entering all the information correctly

Hi Ayaz,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

hi Goran, i am facing this error while adding my card details on upwork. can you please help me.

Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again.

i am already behind the work.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having same issue sir kindly help

I am trying to buy connects but unable to authorize my payment method i have visa debit card

~Andrea
Upwork

i have master card but i cannot be able to upgrade membership plan

Hi Arslan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran V,

I hope you are doing very well, with due respect, I got this message while, I adding my billing method to purchase the connects "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

PLease help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Ahsan

Hi Ahsan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
74c42612
Community Member

Hi Nikola S,

I hope you are doing well, I have today talked with the bank, they said me, your debit card (Visa) is allow me to do the recurring transcations. this is also setup to make international payments.

I am still facing the same issue after that, please keep me in your consideration and solve my issue, I am really stuck in the problem.

Thank you.

- Ahsan

Hi Ahsan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having the same problem: We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Hi Faheem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am also facing the same issue plz solve my issue 

Thanks

Hello, I am having the same problem whenever I try to connect my debit card to UpWork it says "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank" even though I have turned on my online banking, and also I can purchase online from other websites. but while attaching my card to upwok I always get this error. Please help me to configure this. Thank you! 

aca4c77b
Community Member

Help, i am unable to add my debit card, error message being 'unable to authorize card'

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Desireoluwa,

If the debit card your bank issued doesn't require prefunding, you should be able to add it as a billing method. For more details on how to set up your billing method check out this guide!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
08f67e3b
Community Member

how much will be the cost of card validation?

Hi Iotize,

There will be two small charges totalling $10.00 (USD) to verify your credit card. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same error.

So, if I am correctly understand - I need to have 10 USD on my card.
But here is a problem - I ordered new payoneer card (am I right is it correct card?) And I haven't money on card. And payoneer prohibits replenishment of card by myself

So for receiving money on Upwork I need to add card and I can't add card because I haven't money on it. Vicious circle

So how to fix this situation??

Hi Yevhen,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further advise you regarding this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths