🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: We are unable to authorize your card. Ple...
Page options
485619a4
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

I tried to attach to my mastercard in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

384 REPLIES 384

Hi Muhammad,

Just to confirm, our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with purchasing connects. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4e7ce8fd
Community Member

Hi, sorry to but in but I have the same issue. So, I was able add the details but when I enter it theres an error message. Your card is restricted by your card issuer and cannot be used at Upwork. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. and bank said its okay to use. Can you please help me?

Hi Arriane,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
crisxoxo
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

I am new to Upwork and want to purchase connects for me to able to submit my proposal. When I entered all the details on my debit mastercard, it said: 

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.
Please help me on this. Thank you.

Hi Cris,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

card payment page is unable to load

Hi Asif,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hey, I am with the same error and not able to add in my card. 

tamseelzahra_0-1637346209846.png

Hi Tamseel,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their cards as Upwork payments are classified as ’recurring’.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
8c43231c
Community Member

Having the same issue. my card is not authenticated. can you help

Hello Mohammed,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have two active cards already on your account and do not see any declined status on them. Are you trying to add a new card now?

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, yes I am trying to add a new card unsuccessfully

Hello Mohammad, 

Thank you for your response. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

We are upgrading to an agency plus membership but getting the same issue please help.

Hi Vimal,

Could you please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or try to add another billing method? Thank you.
~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much. I try first direct to purchase plan but I got the message says : we are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuir bank. 
Then I just add this card as my Billing method and instantly I sucessfully purchase my plan!

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

I am facing the same issue I have contacted my bank they told me that every thing is ok from our side the issue is from buyer side can you please guide regarding this..

i have the same problem please

Hi 

I am trying to add my visa card and it showing  "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing"

I tried 2 times to add the card and but card is not added but upwork team deduct the payment 2 times from my account.I have attached screenshot of payment deduction, I am not understood why upwork deducted the payment if I am not hired anyone.

I just setup my acccount. Even I am unable to contact support as well. I am not understood why I am not able to add card. Can you please cnfirm me if card is not added then why upwork deducted the payment from my card. Without notifying me.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hiralal, 

I'm sorry for the confusion this has caused. I would like to confirm that these to charges are verification charges on your credit card. You will need to verify these amounts on your Upwork account before you can use your credit card as a billing method. You may read more about it here for more information. 

I will go ahead and share your account information and these screen grabs with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am using  a visa card and iam getting similar meaasge when i trying to buy more connects it says"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Hi Nizam,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am unable to buy my connects as every time I try to, I get this message, "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I have visa debit card. Also, I have been receiving my payments directly into my bank and had no issue before. This is the first time I am trying to add connects by letting upwork charge from the same account. Why is this happening now? 

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add mastercard as billing method. I saw following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I contact with my bank and use same card on other websites , it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

when i add my any visa and master card for buy connects or upgrade the membership it shows we are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing............. Kindly tell me how to fix it

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rida,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I tried to attach my card as well but still the same issue, it won't allow me to attach it.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mary Joy, 

I checked your account and can confirm that the transaction didn't go through. If you believe there is a mistake, please contact your issuing bank directly for more information on why this is the case. 

In the meantime, please add an alternative billing method so that you can upgrade your membership plan. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I also have this same issue while my bank says they have activated my online session.

Hi Hadiqa,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I tried to attach to my visa debit card in the payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

Hi Sumeet,

I checked your account, and I can see that you already have a ticket regarding your concern with your billing method. One of our team members will update your ticket and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm having same issue and no one from upwork has contacted me yet.

Hi 

I am Also Facing This Problem

Hi Nofal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have same Problem please resolve it

Hi Shabaz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket providing further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
5bd0866b
Community Member

Thank you for your Reply please generate ticket on my this email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

thank you

Hi Shabaz,

I checked and it seems that one of our team members already reached out to you via this support ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am having an issue while attaching my debit card.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Learning Paths