🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: We are unable to authorize your card. Ple...
Page options
ffbbfc8a
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing ban

Hello
My bank and VISA confirms everything is OK.

at Upwork, I get
"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."
Please help.

81 REPLIES 81
e4361a6c
Community Member

i have same problem
please help me.

Hi Tan,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same problem, Tried credit and debit and ask from the bank they said everything is OK from their site. 
Sir kindly can you look into this metter?

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rahul096
Community Member

Same issue with me too..!!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rahul,

I was not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rahul096
Community Member

Hey Bojan,

I am still having the same issue. Actually, I am trying to add a debit card. Do this work with credit cards only ?

Thanks,

Rahul

Hi Rahuld,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your card. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I am having the same problem. 

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

I would like to request your assistance.

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wenri,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
19883ae2
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue, bank verified everything is fine on our card. Is funded and just got done paying for other items online. 

What's going on upwork? 

Hi Annie,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge declined and make sure that your card is enabled for international charges. In the meantime, you can check this help article to learn more about billing methods and this page to add an alternative one.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
1b9f90a6
Community Member

same issue

Hi Aimen,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork

Facing similar issue:

For debit card - Unable to add payment method using debit card from India, error says = We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

For Credit Card - Your card is restricted by your card issuer and cannot be used at Upwork. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

What can I do to solve it?

Hi Clavrit,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thanks, please let me know asap as I need to apply for few work items today.

meisenshi
Community Member

Hi.

I am having this same message adding payment method to purchase more connects. I have a proposal I like to submit but this is limitting me to do so.

I have added two (2) mastercards and a verified paypal account and still, it is giving me this same message.

Hi Robert,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
subhan_zaheer
Community Member

I am having the same issue and I've contacted my bank many times they say everything is all right and I am using Mastercard Gold which is applicable worldwide. I am just frustrated at the behavior from Upwork support because they just generate an automatic response asking me to get in touch with my bank which I already have done many times. If any representative is reading this, please reach out to me and solve my problem. TIA

Hi Subhan,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused! It looks like you have an open ticket with our support team about this concern. I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
5802f595
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue as other folks on this thread. I have tried multiple browsers. I know this card works fine everywhere else online.

Error message: We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Could someone from Upwork please help add this card to my account? Thanks in advance.

CleanShot 2022-04-26 at 18.04.50@2x.png

Hi Danny,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3476f756
Community Member

Hey, were you able to resolve this issue?

Hello Bojan,
I am facing the same issue. I am trying to connect my card to make purchases but I get this error
"We are unable to authorize your card."

Please help

My active payment card is not working. I tried to remove and add the card again. International payments are active as well.

Hi Rishabh,

I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Mazim,

Please note that Upwork requires a W8BEN Foreign Status Certification for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. This is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. You will only need to provide your legal name and address on the W-8BEN form, and once you have filed it, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately.

You can complete the process by going to Settings > Tax Information. Click the pencil icon next to W-8BEN, fill in your information and Save.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3476f756
Community Member

Hello Arjay,
I filled my W8BEN Foreign Status Certification form and I am still facing the same issue.

Hi Mazim,

Thank you for the follow-up. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you're still experiencing the same issue? For the time being, you can check this page to add an alternative one.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3476f756
Community Member

Hi Arjay,
Thank you for responding.
I cleared my cache and cookies and also tried to do it with a different browser but it still isn't authorizing. 

Hi Arjay,
Thank you for responding.
I cleared my cache and cookies and also tried to do it with a different browser but it still isn't authorizing. 

Hi Mazim, 

Thank you for the update. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8cd77d78
Community Member

Facing billing issue. We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Hi Azam,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
naruto4999
Community Member

I am having the same error and I want to buy more connects.

The error I'm getting is "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." and I was previously able to use the same card on upwork itself.

Hi Kaushal,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact your card issuing bank to check the available limit and permissions to complete international transactions? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c2af7dc4
Community Member

If you're getting the message "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." on Upwork, it could be due to various reasons, including insufficient funds, incorrect billing information, or a security block by your bank. You can try adding another billing method or contacting your bank to resolve the issue.

Thank You!!!

mkaboldy
Community Member

I am receiving the same error, I'm now unable to fund my project, please fix asap or I need to find another platform!
"we couldn't charge the billing method you selected"
Both my mastercards are fine, I did recent purchases with them elsewhere successfully.

Hi Miklos,

Thank you for your message. I checked the billing method you are referring and noticed that the transaction was declined due to insufficient funds or over credit limit. Please contact the card-issuing bank to check the available funds and permission to complete an international transaction. You can also try using an alternate billing method to complete the transaction. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths