🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Not able to add credit card in billing me...
Page options
485619a4
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

I tried to attach to my mastercard in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

384 REPLIES 384

Every time someone is reporting this, their team is saying one of Agent will contact them, I have already discussed with one of the agent, they are keep telling me that the issue is on our bank side, but I can add this card anywhere else, like Aliexpress, Sony Store, AWS, etc. but only upwork is not allowing me add my card.

Not sure what's wrong with them.

Hi Adeel,

I checked your account, and it looks like the team has already reached out to you regarding your concern with purchasing connects. Please follow the information they shared on the step that you need to complete so that your payment method can be verified. If you need further assistance, please feel free to post it on your ticket so the agent can assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne,

They replied to me for ID verification, which I already did in October, with VIdeo and Documents, but still I did it yesterday again, and I have no idea what happened now,

Because in my profiles settings page, ID verification is still showing old verifications performed in October and September.

Hi Adeel,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. Please, follow the link to connect with our team and complete your verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I want to buy connects but when I am trying to add my debit cards then it shows me the error "You are not able to authorize your card". I hereby attached the screenshot of issue. Kindly check and help me to resolve this issue.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Rupali,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am trying to buy connects. Im getting this error when entering my debit card information. What should I do?

upwork.jpg

Hi Mary Michael,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
4fbf22b7
Community Member

the same thing happen to me as well even i try to use another bank card..

e2d39614
Community Member

hi good morning , i create a client account and add billing method and now i want to verify my billing method and i am stuck in 3rd step    Amount 1 and Amount 2 please i entered amount1 =1.48 and amount2= 8.52 but show error 

Hi Javed and Rimsha,

Our team will reach out to you both via tickets as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing methods. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

When I try to add billing method to buy connects its give me same error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I tried two valid credit and debit cards both visa and mastercard but same error.

Hi Ayaz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method and with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jmath925
Community Member

I am having the same problem when adding payment information to get paid. I am getting the error in the photo attached (I removed my info before taking the picture). Can someone help me?Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 3.08.14 AM.png

Hi Jonathan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mumairabdullah
Community Member

I tried to change my free subscription to PLUS, but failed due to this error message on upwork.
"We are unable to authorize your card"
Its from last month I am facing this issue. On other hand I used my card its acceptable in any website. Kindly help resolving this issue as I am failed to involve in job bids OR anyother option to get projects without connects.
Thank you

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes already inform you that I amhave using it on different sites,all are international level even ciaco and aws accepted. Also confirmed from bank and they confirmed that its at upwork end issue. Also I want to inform you that I have friends using upwork as a freelancing and same error came in the beginning and resolve after a months. Its not at banks end issue,kindly resolve this at earliest.
Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear,
One of your team member is contacting via ticketing forum and place a mesaage and put the status fo query SOLVED.

My father is Head of Operations in MCB branch and I am able to provide logs that there is not attemp to receive any payment against my card from upwork domian. Yesterday I have renew my AWS account and I have log of payment from bank end as well.
I have lot of reaources that verified that this all because of upwork.
If its not then provide me the verified PayPal account information OR allow me to make PayPal account outside US citizens.
Upwork is awesome for freelancers but this is very embarrassing situation for me and I am surely provide you others information with same problem.
Thank you

Hi Muhammad,

I`m sorry about the confusion and the inconvenience this had caused you. When our team updates your ticket the status is marked as solved. But, once you post an update on your ticket the status will be changed to "Open" and our team will receive your update as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear,
Thank you so much for your kind information. Please proceed further to resolve my issue at your earliest convenience.
I am stuck and bh the way thanks for the connects cooperation as well.

Thank you
ac4a0cc9
Community Member

I got the same issue. I am hiring a freelancer for last month and it shows me at the beginning of my account and now it's showing again. I need to hire a person on short deadline and now this comes up

Hi Muhammad,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
963acd59
Community Member

Hello.

Kindly help me out. I entered my debit card Mastercard as my primary billing method. Problem is, I keep getting an error message, "charge failed" whenever I hire someone. I entered my debit card thrice hoping that it will work on the 2nd and 3rd tries, but that message keeps popping up. Worse, I have incurred three $1 deductions from my card just by entering my card details.

What is happening? Please help.

Thank you.

Hi Sherry,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Well, I am still suffering with same situation and unable to do anything on upwork. Anyways hope for the best.

Hi Muhammad,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further. Please click Here to access your tickets. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bidhan_pandey
Community Member

I am also having this problem. Try ing to buy connects but cannot verify my card. Help!!

Hi Bidhan,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
496fb263
Community Member

Hi Can someone please help. I am lost in finding solution . Facing issue in adding credit card as billing method.

You can use other browser (mozilla) or upgrade os to windows 10.
That's what I did and worked fine.

Hi Ashish,

Is there an error when you tried to add your billing method? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
496fb263
Community Member

error.PNG

I have tried in chrome as well as in mozilla. I am using windows 10.

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
aragao_bernard31
Community Member

Hi,
I have same problem.

I can't connect my mastercard.

Please help me.

Hi Hyrum,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
raphaelmesquita
Community Member

I'm having exactly the same problem, I'm trying to add a visa card as a billing method to buy connects.

Hi Raphael,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths