🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: We are unable to authorize your card. Ple...
Page options
485619a4
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

I tried to attach to my mastercard in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

384 REPLIES 384

Hi Almirah,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am unable to buy my connects as every time I try to, I get this message, "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." 

I tried two valid debit mastercards. Kindly help me resolving the issue.

Hi Rana,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi!
I am facing the same problem. Please can you help? I am receiving this message: "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." I have contacted my bank they say everything is working at their end.

Hi Husnain, 

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please help me. I need to buy the connects but I am not able to add my card.I don't know how to generate the ticket to talk to support.

**Edited for community guidelines**

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add Visacard as billing method. I saw following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I contact with my bank and use same card on other websites , it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

Hi Mirza,

I checked your account, and I saw that you have already created a support ticket regarding this issue. One of our team members has updated your ticket to assist you further. Feel free to respond to the ticket if you have any questions, and the agent will be happy to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I want to upgrade membership. I am trying to add mastercard as billing method. I saw following error :

Hi Farhan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I have same problem here.

I can't add a billing method. i can't add my Visa Debit Card.

It Says :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Regards, Musawir

Hi Musawir and Abdur, 

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Upwork team,

I am new to Upwork and want to purchase connects for me to able to submit my proposal. When I entered all the details on my debit mastercard, it said: 

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."
Please help me on this. Thank you.

I'm also facing the same error. 
Can any one help me.

Last time i've used this card to purchase connects and after few days i want more connects and when i try to purchase it from the same card i've used last time  They are showing the error:
We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

Hi Karam,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi. i have the same issue. I am unable to add a billing method. I am using the same master card on other sites. please help

Hi Ahmed,

I checked your account and I can see that you will need to verify your billing method. You should find 2 small charges on your bank statement, please enter these 2 charges to complete the verification.
Once this is completed, the charges will be refunded back, and your billing method will be verified. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran !

I'm trying to add a billing method but I'm getting this error :

My card is set up for all kinds of transactions, I've cross checked with the bank.

Thanks,

-Anirudh

Hi Anirudh,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I also get same problem

Hi Semistan,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I also having the same issue. try credit card of different banks which are working fine for other transactions but facing mentioned issue here. Please let me know how I resolve this authorization issue.

Hi Muhammad,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am unable to set billing method to buy connects. I have entered all the csrd details correctly and followed complete process but at the end i received msg saying that unable to authorise your card. I contacted my bank and they said all is okay with my card.

Hi Rupal,

Just to confirm, did your bank confirmed that your account is enabled for international charges as well? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

No I did not ask that.

I'm facing this issue can one help me.

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank?

Hi Vijay,

I checked, and it looks like the transaction was declined by your bank. Please reach out to them so that they can assist you further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.
Please help i am trying to add this method to my client account

Hi Ngala,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Mr.Bojan,

The issue is persisting please help

Hi Ngala,

I would suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or adding another Billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Trying to add a billing method.
We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Hi Honey S,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with adding a billing method. You can access your ticket here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am trying to add the billing method to buy some connects but it show's the same error mentioned in the subject can you please help me with this.

Hi Nauman, 

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork

How to solve this problem? I am using my icici bank mastercard. Please help i want to pay a freelancer
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Riya,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Team Upwork,

I am unable to buy connects for my agency account as it is showing the error page. I have only one paying method. I have removed all caches and tried doing it but the same error message pops up. My card works fine on other websites. Please help.

Regards,

Aswini Bajaj

Hi Ashwini,

I checked, and it looks like the decline error is from your issuing bank. You may want to reach out to them regarding this so that they can on the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths