🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: We are unable to authorize your card. Ple...
Page options
485619a4
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

I tried to attach to my mastercard in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

384 REPLIES 384

i am facing this problem when i want to buy connects

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mauz,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you’re experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Still facing the same issue. Can you please of its all okay from your end?

Thanks.

Hi Kashif,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I also suffering from the same problem unable to add billing method to buy connects.

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing

Please assist about the problem.

Hi Fakhar,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~Andrea
Upwork

Please I am having the same issue, I have tried visa and master card and they keep writing it cannot be verified. Please help, I need to hire a freelancer as soon as possible

Hi Noel,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our team will reach out to you as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

First check your international usage is enabled or disabled.. by default
it's disable please Click to enable and try again..

I am getting the SAME ISSUE

Hi Zahid,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or try to add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.
plz hep me this issue i want mamber ship buy connets.

Hi Moqaddasa,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Please I am also having similar problems with saving my card
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Uche,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. Could you please try adding your billing method first? Use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those.

Afterwards, you should be able to purchase Connects by following the instructions shared in this help article.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b56f8228
Community Member

Good day, I've tried adding it, it still won't save my card
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Uche,

It looks like you were able to add your billing method. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi i want to know why went i want to add my billing method, the status always unable to authorize your card, event tough i already add my payment method correctly?

Hi Michelle,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hello sorry to i also facing this error. I don't why i getting this issue. Do you guys help to fix it? i want to Upgrade my freelancer account to freelancer plus. Please help me

Hi Sumaya,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I want to initiate a contract. So I need to add my master card. But I'm getting this error
"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Hi Nadir,

Just to confirm, are you trying to hire a freelancer or you're trying to do something else? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also facing this issue plz resolve it 

Same issue while trying the update the billing method. Requesting for a quick response.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prashant,

Could you please try to use this link to see the billing options available to you and add one of those? Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e8cd6563
Community Member

Thanks but I checked those before adding the billing method and also used
alternate browser ( deleting cache ) ##- Please type your reply above this
line -##

Hi Prashant,

I checked your account, and it looks like the decline error was from your bank. You may want to reach out to them so that they can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Please I'm having the same problem. How did you solve yours

problem i am also facing 

Hi,

Yes having the same issue while buying connects, please assist me.

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Thanks

Rakesh

Hi Rakesh,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Andrea,

I am not using Credit Card, I am using a Debit card. I discussed to the bank and other online payments are working fine, Please assist me.

Thanks

Rakesh

Hi Rakesh,

I'd like to confirm the information that Andrea shared with you. You will need to reach out to you card issuing bank so that they can look into this for you. You may also consider another billing method. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,
if you are using internet banking,
Steps:
1: Go to debit card settings
2: Check international usage is enabled or disabled
3: Please enable international usage
4: and try again.

Thanks, Ismail D

I enabled international usage using banking services and it's working fine.

Now, I have new connections.

Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

I am trying to update my membership plan. When I am add payment method I am getting this error (screenshot attached). I have contacted with the issuing bank also they said your card is working at our end please cordinate with your merchant where your are charging your card.

Hi Kumail Raza,

A member of the team has reached out to you already regarding this concern. You should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d3b0adb8
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same issue I can't send a job offer to the freelancer its very much annoying that I tried 10 times to send the offer but the payment method declined I used a Visa card although it says that your primary billing method is added successfully. But when I proceed to hire the freelancer it gives the error. Please resolve this issue ASAP.

ABhiretwo.png

Dear Kumail and all others,
We all have same issues and this is very clear that all banks have no issues. As per banks customer service it is sure that this is at upworks end. But unfortunately all members said that wait n watch. I am sitting and waiting for' the connects to send proposals.
Kindly lets all make a request to upwork team that sort this out on priority.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths