cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

Highlighted
Desireoluwa F Member Since: Sep 6, 2019
91 of 136

Help, i am unable to add my debit card, error message being 'unable to authorize card'

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
92 of 136

Hi Desireoluwa,

If the debit card your bank issued doesn't require prefunding, you should be able to add it as a billing method. For more details on how to set up your billing method check out this guide!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Iotize O Member Since: Sep 27, 2019
93 of 136

how much will be the cost of card validation?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
94 of 136

Hi Iotize,

There will be two small charges totalling $10.00 (USD) to verify your credit card. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Yevhen L Member Since: Jan 23, 2020
95 of 136

I have the same error.

So, if I am correctly understand - I need to have 10 USD on my card.
But here is a problem - I ordered new payoneer card (am I right is it correct card?) And I haven't money on card. And payoneer prohibits replenishment of card by myself

So for receiving money on Upwork I need to add card and I can't add card because I haven't money on it. Vicious circle

So how to fix this situation??

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
96 of 136

Hi Yevhen,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further advise you regarding this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Adeel P Member Since: Feb 11, 2019
97 of 136

Every time someone is reporting this, their team is saying one of Agent will contact them, I have already discussed with one of the agent, they are keep telling me that the issue is on our bank side, but I can add this card anywhere else, like Aliexpress, Sony Store, AWS, etc. but only upwork is not allowing me add my card.

Not sure what's wrong with them.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
98 of 136

Hi Adeel,

I checked your account, and it looks like the team has already reached out to you regarding your concern with purchasing connects. Please follow the information they shared on the step that you need to complete so that your payment method can be verified. If you need further assistance, please feel free to post it on your ticket so the agent can assist you further. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Adeel P Member Since: Feb 11, 2019
99 of 136

Joanne,

They replied to me for ID verification, which I already did in October, with VIdeo and Documents, but still I did it yesterday again, and I have no idea what happened now,

Because in my profiles settings page, ID verification is still showing old verifications performed in October and September.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
100 of 136

Hi Adeel,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. Please, follow the link to connect with our team and complete your verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS