cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

Highlighted
Muhammad M Member Since: Apr 18, 2019
21 of 189

Hi there I am trying to add a methhod as I need to buy connects.  But an error message shown "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.". What does that mean and how I can resolve the issue ?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
22 of 189

Hi Muhammad,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Muhammad Umair A Member Since: Jun 1, 2020
23 of 189
This is unstoppable issue GUYS.I am still suffering due to this. Now I got account inactive message from upwork. Amazing thing is they don't want me to work and on another side warned me about my account.
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
24 of 189

Hi Muhammad,

I checked the support ticket regarding your previous issue with the billing method and it seems that our team already assisted you with that.

Regarding your concern, please note that if you are an established freelancer and don’t earn money on Upwork for a period of two years or more, your profile visibility will automatically change from public to private. When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results and will not be seen by clients unless you submit a proposal to their job. You can check out this help article for more information. Would you like us to reset your profile visibility back to public?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Creative S Member Since: Apr 19, 2020
25 of 189

hello guys..

i have the same issue as well

please help !!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
26 of 189

Hi Creative,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Elton V Member Since: May 20, 2016
27 of 189

Im having the same issue, I need some help

Highlighted
Sanjeev K Member Since: Feb 18, 2018
28 of 189

@Goran V

Do you have another answer for that?

I saw you are tying same copy-paste answer for all.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
29 of 189

Hi Sanjeev,

Just to clarify, the answer you`re referring to is our troubleshooting steps.
If you`re experiencing any problems on your end, feel free to share more details with me here or via PM (click on my name). Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
John Raves R Member Since: Mar 28, 2020
30 of 189

Please help I have the same problem. I am currently unable to add a billing method to my upwork. I have tried debit card and paypal and still says "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing" please help.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS