cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
21 of 27

Hi Hiralal, 

I'm sorry for the confusion this has caused. I would like to confirm that these to charges are verification charges on your credit card. You will need to verify these amounts on your Upwork account before you can use your credit card as a billing method. You may read more about it here for more information. 

I will go ahead and share your account information and these screen grabs with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you to assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Nizam U Member Since: May 26, 2019
22 of 27

I am using  a visa card and iam getting similar meaasge when i trying to buy more connects it says"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
23 of 27

Hi Nizam,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Desireoluwa F Member Since: Sep 6, 2019
24 of 27

Help, i am unable to add my debit card, error message being 'unable to authorize card'

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
25 of 27

Hi Desireoluwa,

If the debit card your bank issued doesn't require prefunding, you should be able to add it as a billing method. For more details on how to set up your billing method check out this guide!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Iotize O Member Since: Sep 27, 2019
26 of 27

how much will be the cost of card validation?

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
27 of 27

Hi Iotize,

There will be two small charges totalling $10.00 (USD) to verify your credit card. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS