cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
51 of 91

Hi Hiralal, 

I'm sorry for the confusion this has caused. I would like to confirm that these to charges are verification charges on your credit card. You will need to verify these amounts on your Upwork account before you can use your credit card as a billing method. You may read more about it here for more information. 

I will go ahead and share your account information and these screen grabs with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you to assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Nizam U Member Since: May 26, 2019
52 of 91

I am using  a visa card and iam getting similar meaasge when i trying to buy more connects it says"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
53 of 91

Hi Nizam,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Rida Z Member Since: Jul 4, 2018
54 of 91

I am unable to buy my connects as every time I try to, I get this message, "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I have visa debit card. Also, I have been receiving my payments directly into my bank and had no issue before. This is the first time I am trying to add connects by letting upwork charge from the same account. Why is this happening now? 

Highlighted
55 of 91

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add mastercard as billing method. I saw following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I contact with my bank and use same card on other websites , it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

Highlighted
56 of 91

when i add my any visa and master card for buy connects or upgrade the membership it shows we are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing............. Kindly tell me how to fix it

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
57 of 91

Hi Rida,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Mary Joy C Member Since: Mar 4, 2020
58 of 91

I tried to attach my card as well but still the same issue, it won't allow me to attach it.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
59 of 91

Hi Mary Joy, 

I checked your account and can confirm that the transaction didn't go through. If you believe there is a mistake, please contact your issuing bank directly for more information on why this is the case. 

In the meantime, please add an alternative billing method so that you can upgrade your membership plan. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Hadiqa R Member Since: Mar 15, 2020
60 of 91

I also have this same issue while my bank says they have activated my online session.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS