cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
81 of 189

Hi Arriane,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Cris P Member Since: Mar 31, 2020
82 of 189

Hi Upwork team,

I am new to Upwork and want to purchase connects for me to able to submit my proposal. When I entered all the details on my debit mastercard, it said: 

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.
Please help me on this. Thank you.
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
83 of 189

Hi Cris,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Asif A Member Since: Jul 14, 2019
84 of 189

card payment page is unable to load

Highlighted
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
85 of 189

Hi Asif,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Highlighted
Safar A Member Since: Jun 5, 2018
86 of 189

Thank you so much. I try first direct to purchase plan but I got the message says : we are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuir bank. 
Then I just add this card as my Billing method and instantly I sucessfully purchase my plan!

Highlighted
Desireoluwa F Member Since: Sep 6, 2019
87 of 189

i have the same problem please

Highlighted
Hiralal G Member Since: Oct 2, 2019
88 of 189

Hi 

I am trying to add my visa card and it showing  "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing"

I tried 2 times to add the card and but card is not added but upwork team deduct the payment 2 times from my account.I have attached screenshot of payment deduction, I am not understood why upwork deducted the payment if I am not hired anyone.

I just setup my acccount. Even I am unable to contact support as well. I am not understood why I am not able to add card. Can you please cnfirm me if card is not added then why upwork deducted the payment from my card. Without notifying me.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
89 of 189

Hi Hiralal, 

I'm sorry for the confusion this has caused. I would like to confirm that these to charges are verification charges on your credit card. You will need to verify these amounts on your Upwork account before you can use your credit card as a billing method. You may read more about it here for more information. 

I will go ahead and share your account information and these screen grabs with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you to assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Nizam U Member Since: May 26, 2019
90 of 189

I am using  a visa card and iam getting similar meaasge when i trying to buy more connects it says"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS