🐈
» Forums » Clients » We are unable to authorize your card. Please ...
Page options
485619a4
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

I tried to attach to my mastercard in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

384 REPLIES 384

Hi Hamza,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e84c6653
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue

Hi Vansh,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~Andrea
Upwork
e84c6653
Community Member

The Bank said that everything is fine and they can't help with what's
happening. Your Paypal button isn't working as well.

Kindly help. It's urgent!

Hi Vansh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My problem got solved when i added billing method first and then go for buying connects.

2200a26d
Community Member

I am having the same issue.

Can someone please contact me to resolve?

Hi Central,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! I am having the same issue. I hope you could assist me as well. Thank you.

Hi Clarizza,

I'm sorry to hear about that. I checked and it looks like the charge is being declined. I suggest that you check with your bank for more information on why that is happening as they should be able to help you out with that. In the meantime, you can check this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Im having this same issue, my debit card via paypal method was approved a week ago, then declined recently for an unknown reason, i can not use any paying method now.

This error message is popping up, i checked with my bank and the card is working just fine. Can you please resolve this?
neven98
Community Member

The debit card via PayPal method was approved about a week ago, then declined recently for an unknown reason. I can't add the same method because Upwork is issuing an error saying that the bank declined my credit card, but the bank has nothing to do with this. How can I resolve this problem?

Hi Neven,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

Check with your bank if international usage is enabled or not on your debit
card.. if not then try to enable and try
e53423e4
Community Member

I am unable to activate my client mastercard on my client account

the notification says "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer".  I have tried it several times and i have use the solutions provided by the upwork community, but the issues is not resolved.

please help me look into it.

Hi Samson,

Are you receiving any errors when you're trying to add a billing method? To learn more about our accepted billing methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I receive the error when I try to pay for job

Hi Samson,

Please refer to the guide I've shared in my previous post to learn more about our available billing methods and how to add one. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also getting the same error message: "We are unable to authorize your cardPlease add another billing method or contact your issuing bank".

I need some assistance. 

Hi Anwaar,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
813b06a3
Community Member

I have problem with payment method

that show message after entering card details

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Hi Ahmed,

Please keep in mind that under a client profile you will need to add a Billing Method in order to be able to hire and pay freelancers. If you're still experiencing the same problem after this, I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or try to add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
07ed5e8c
Community Member

I am trying to add an Indian credit/ debit card to the billing method. But my bank is not approving the request. It seems without a valid billing method, I can't activate my next milestone. Please advise any solution

Hi Vivek,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Sure thanks a lot
pateldishu55
Community Member

I tried to attach to my debit card in payment method but still, it's showing unable to authorize your card. can you please help me? 

Hi Disha, 

I checked, and it seems like the transaction has been declined. Please reach out to your card issuing bank so that they can assist you further with the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you for your reply.
this card is working for other websites and only getting errors in upwork.
I'm using a debit card in the payment method so is it fine?

Hi Disha, 

Yes, debit cards are accepted billing methods for Connects and the membership plan. However, you may want to check with your bank why the transaction was declined and ask if they allow recurring transactions on your debit card as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring.’

~ Avery
Upwork
mr_little
Community Member

I am unable to add my SBI credit card in billing methods, it says "unable to add your card contact bank". i have contacted bank and it's seems the problem is not on their end.
I would like to pay my contractors as soon as possible.

Hi Shyamselvaraj,

I can see that you have reached out to our team. Rest assured, one of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dc01dbcc
Community Member

unable to make payment on upwork thru my creadit card Any one help me how i can 

Hi Md A,

~ Goran
Upwork

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

The message above shows to my account I tried to add 3 VISA still getting the same issue and I have contacted my bank and used same cards on other website it works fine
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Moaz,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c9f21261
Community Member

I am getting an error while Hiring at Upworks.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

After Confirming with the bank they have notified that From October due to RBI guidelines, Auto Debit is not permissible for international transactions.

Can someone help me out on this ?

My Card is approved for International transactions and has Sufficient Limit .

Hi Piyush,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
a429c39b
Community Member

Hi, I am not able to add my card. The message showing like this "Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again". Kindly guide me or solve issue. Thank you

Hi David,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello sir ! I am facing the problem. I am trying to add my debit card in billing method but upwork is showing the message "we are unable to authorize your card" plz help me as I want to hire freelancers

Latest Articles
Learning Paths