cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Payment Dispute

Richard B Member Since: Sep 4, 2017
1 of 7

Hi all,

Signed upto this website last week to have a project completed.

I offered a contract to a coder which was a maximum of 40 hours per week with an hourly rate.

The coder said 4-6 days I said no problem...

The coder completed 8.1 hours in the first week yet upwork has taken the full payment of the weeks work and now the coder is still clocking up an hourly rate for this week, plus I presume I will have to make another weekly payment if this carries on until next Monday!

I cannot see any simple way of getting a refund anywhere for the weekly payment, the hourly rate is not an issue.

I do not wish to cancel the contract or project as I would like it completed but I do not wish to be paying $*** for 8 hours and not 40 per week if you understand what I am saying!

Many thanks for looking,

Rich

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 7

You either set up a set standard weekly payment or you are a part of that talent cloud that pays for 30 hours/week even if the contractor only works 1 hour.

3 of 7

I don't think that helps me lol

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 7

did you set up a weekly payment that automatically gets paid out? I'm guessing that is what happened. As a contractor, I'd be pissed if you went back on your deal. But that's me. Maybe your contractor will be cool and the two of you can close the current one and make a new one without the weekly payout. Or maybe you can change it, but you should talk with him because you are changing the agreement. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 7

Hi Richard, 

I checked your contract with this freelancer and it looks like you setup a weekly payment of $320 for your freelancers. Please take note that for hourly contracts, the weekly payment is paid on top of the hours logged by your freelancers. You may request your freelancer to issue you a refund and share with him this help article on how he can issue you a refund.

You may then close this contract and create a new contract without the weekly payment, or choose to create a fixed-price contract with your freelancer. If you opt to keep using an hourly contract, please make sure to leave this option blank: 

Weekly Payment.png

Here's a help article on paying for hourly contracts for your referenc.e

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 7

Richard, this was not the freelancer's fault.

You made an honest mistake when you set up the contract.

Of course you need to understand the mistake that you made and you need to set up a new contract without an automatic weekly payment, as it sounds like that was not your intent.

I think if you explain the situation to the freelancer and apologize for the confusion, there is a good chance that he will be willing to refund excess funds that you paid to him. (If you even want him to. You are not required to ask him to do that.)

7 of 7

Thanks all.

I thought for some strange reason the hourly rate and the maximum hours lead to a maximum weekly payment of $***

Not an additional payment !

Will review the responses properly and speak to the coder.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS