🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Weird contradiction
Page options
dfca7d9e
Community Member

Weird contradiction

I'm not allowed to create a posting looking for a erotica writers but you have writers with jobs in their resume mentioning erotica?

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Klon H wrote:

I'm not allowed to create a posting looking for a erotica writers but you have writers with jobs in their resume mentioning erotica?

how is that a contradiction? Upwork can't change their resume, they just aren't allowed to do such jobs on Upwork.

yitwail
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Klon H wrote:

how is that a contradiction? Upwork can't change their resume, they just aren't allowed to do such jobs on Upwork.

But if a client were to hire such a writer off platform to write erotica, then that would still be circumvention, even though it's a job that Upwork doesn't permit?

John K wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Klon H wrote:

But if a client were to hire such a writer off platform to write erotica, then that would still be circumvention, even though it's a job that Upwork doesn't permit?

You win best post of the day.   Smiley LOL

I mean... yeah, it may be amusing or seem ironic or something. But ultimately:

It is not Upwork's intention that clients hire any of the freelancers they find on Upwork and pay them OFF of the platform.

Nobody from Upwork is going to tell a client that they can find a freelancer here on the platform and then pay them outside of Upwork due to a loophole such as "client wants to hire freelancer to do work that is prohibited on the platform."

Preston is right. Let me add that a freelancer should inform the client that he is ethically bound to contract and bill through Upwork, but is not allowed to write erotica through an Upwork contract.

I suspect that the use of euphemisms is common to circumvent this, but I wouldn't know. Honestly. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Klon,

Thank you for raising this question in the Community! I would like to confirm the service you mentioned isn't permitted as per the Terms of Use in Upwork ToS. We'll review profiles offering this service but please do feel free to report any profile of this type you come across by using the Flag as inappropriate link, so our team could review and take appropriate steps.

If you need any clarification regarding the specific service you need related to your project, please feel free to follow up on your open support ticket and our team will assist you directly.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths